Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

2.1.30 WAN not working

Options
ka7gzr
ka7gzr Member ✭✭
edited April 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows

Loaded 2.1.30 into my 6700 yesterday. All works except WAN access with my IOS devices. I am using 1.3 with my iPhone 8 and iPad Pro. I have been using WAN successfully  with v2.0 since release When connecting I see SmartLink connected (UpnP). When selected it goes back to the "start" page asking me to Tap to connect. This is a Windows 10 machine.

LAN connects work great. I also tried manually forwarding the ports with no joy.

Thoughts?

Jim

ka7gzr

Comments

• Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Did you check the Router ports? There is a info from FRS that MAC address has changed !

See also here: https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/after-update-to-2-1-30-flex-unable-to-connect-on-sm...

73 Chris
    DL5NAM
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Options

Have you run a test on network settings?

• Burch - K4QXX
    Burch - K4QXX Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    I have been having this issue for a few weeks.  I see the radio but when I select it, it goes back to the "Tap to connect" page.  I installed the new version (2.1.30) hopping that would fix but it still does the same thing.  I don't think my situation is related to the MAC address since it's been doing this on the last version of SSDR.

Burch
  • Jay -- N0FB
    Jay -- N0FB Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Options
    I'm seeing the same thing.  SmartSDR for IOS version v2.3.0:0.53  Database version D1.23 (2.10.2017)
  • Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Yes, must be a other problem in your case
  • Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Check details of Network setting in SmartSDR iOS - if there a Port with -1 then you have to configure again 
     the right ports !
  • ka7gzr
    ka7gzr Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I see the correct Mac address in the router and I am using UPnP. I also tried manually forwarding the ports with the same results.
  • ka7gzr
    ka7gzr Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    I tried the network test and get a green ball
  • Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Options
    That looks good !

• ka7gzr
    ka7gzr Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I do get a -1 under "Port" but further down the radio info I see the correct ports under "TCP Port" and "UDP Port".
  • ka7gzr
    ka7gzr Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Options
    How do I configure again? Reload the program?
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Reloading the software will not do anything in this regard.  I recommend referring to the latest SmartSDR for Windows Software User Guide.  It describes how to configure this feature.
  • ka7gzr
    ka7gzr Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Options

OK Tim. I couldn't find one for this version. I'll use the latest one. I also entered a support ticket for this.

Jim

• Tim - W4TME
    edited February 2018
    Options
    SmartLink has not changed from v2.0.19 so that version will be fine.
  • ka7gzr
    ka7gzr Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Options
    By “feature” I assume you mean remote access? To do this process do I need to unregister?
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Unregistering is not necessary if your radio has been previously registered with  SmartLink account.  It is probably best to address this via the helpdesk ticket you have opened.  One of the support engineers will be contacting you once the office opens in the morning.
  • Jeffrey Kerber, N3VE
    Jeffrey Kerber, N3VE Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Options

I had to change the static IP address for the radio and then it started to work

Jeff

• Jeffrey Kerber, N3VE
    Jeffrey Kerber, N3VE Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I should  have made this more clear, I changed the static IP for the 6700 it rebooted. Then I had to change the IP address to match in the iOS program and it now connects.
  • ka7gzr
    ka7gzr Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Thanks Jeff for the comments. I currently am using UPnP for the IP address and port forwarding. This has worked flawslly over the past few years. One thing I haven’t tried is to control the IP address manually AND forward the appropriare ports. I will give that a try. Jim
  • ka7gzr
    ka7gzr Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options

Solved!

I found I had set my router MTU size to "1400" chasing another problem a few years ago. I set it to "1500" the default size and my WAN connections worked.

It's interesting that the previous v2.0 worked fine with the MTU set at 1400.

Thanks to Dudley who worked side by side with me on this issue!

I'm sure Gerald will give him a big bonus! :)

Jim

ka7gzr

• Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Bonus?    >> I'm sure Gerald will give him a big bonus! :)<<

You must not forward your bonus to Gerald, you can do it direct to Dudley. Save work and he will enjoy !   :)

73 Chris

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.