Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

After update to 2.1.30 Flex Unable to connect on SmartLink

iz7auh
iz7auh Member ✭✭
edited April 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Hi,
I make update to 2.1.30 version on my Flexradio flex-6500, on local no problem available on PC and Maestro too, but I try to connect in my office on SmartLink connection but not work property, I tried to logout and login again on SmartLink account but no chance to work, after click on "Connect" green button sistem ask me "Unable to connct the radio. Please try again" why?

Comments

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018

I had the same problem on one location and not the other. I had port forwarding on my remote Flex. It would work fine on VPN but could not get smart link to test OK. This was true both on Automatic and Manual. I went into my remote router and removed the port forwarding and rebooted my router. Suddenly everything started working again in the auto mode. Then, I went back and reset the port forwarding to the new I/P address of my Flex radio and the manual mode started working.

Jim, K6QE

• Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Did you check your ports? -1

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited January 2018
    The MAC address of the radio changed with SmartSDR v2.1.  If you use DHCP reservations and have manually set up port forwarding or UPnP to a specific IP address, you need to reconfigure this for the new MAC address.  This was covered in the Release Notes.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited January 2018
    -1 means the ports are not configured.
  • Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Yes. i know.

That was my hint for Frank

73  Chris
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited January 2018
    Danke
  • Jim  KJ7S
    Jim KJ7S Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    The only thing I had to check on was the IP addy and port openings in my router, that said, check that you have the new mac addy recognized if needed in your router, and make sure the two ports are opened for remoting (21000and 22000) in case the new ip doesn't have them available yet.
    Straight out of the box, once I checked those two things, I was able to go remote no problem with the new version SSDR, even through the local Verizon network and the hotspot in the ol G5...in low bandwidth mode, waterfall down to near nothing and Refresh rate at 5 fps. One slice opened.
  • iz7auh
    iz7auh Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Tnx solved it
  • Jeffrey Kerber, N3VE
    Jeffrey Kerber, N3VE Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018

Do I need to check this on a WAN connection? If it works wireless in the LAN am I ok on the WAN?

Jeff

• Tim - W4TME
    edited January 2018
    Not necessarily.  The LAN communications use a radio discovery protocol that is not dependent on IP address and tcp/udp port numbers like SmartLink can be.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.