Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

USB Bit Cable usage

Jim K4JAF
Jim K4JAF Member ✭✭
edited January 2018 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Anyone using the USB Bit cable to choose multiple antennas on a band?  IE, say dipole or vertical on 80 meters by specifying frequency range, 3500 to 3600 Khz for vertical, 3601 to 4000 Khz for dipole.  Not sure you can assign a small frequency range instead of a total band.  Thanks

Answers

• W7NGA_2
    W7NGA_2 Member
    edited January 2018
    Good morning Jim. I always take some flak by suggesting using an Arduino to meet your requirement. There are other ways of course, but perhaps not as fun. I use the USB serial data cable connected to the Arduino and enable the auto-report option that dumps the active frequency to the port upon any change in frequency. State-machine 'switch' or 'if-else' statements enables a specific port that drives an antenna relay (or whatever I desire) dependent on a frequency range. I joke that I have also programmed it to detect when I am in the RTTY section of the band where a relay is enabled that starts my Espresso machine in anticipation of a long wait before starting a QSO!

I suspect you can do something similar with third-part software. I just happen to enjoy tinkering and doing things old-school at times.

73's

W7NGA dan
    Seaside, Oregon

• W7NGA
    W7NGA Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    sometimes the 'fun factor' trumps being practical!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.