Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

If I order a 6600m tomorrow when can I expect to get it?

FrankP
FrankP Member
6600m ordered tomorrow. How long will my wait be?

Answers

• David Livingston
    David Livingston Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Probably a very long time...
  • Butch
    Butch Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    That order date will definitely put you in the WAS mode (Wait And See).  Individuals that placed their orders many months ago are just now starting to receive their delivery dates.     
  • FrankP
    FrankP Member
    edited January 2018
    Ill have to make sure I put into my Will then.
  • FrankP
    FrankP Member
    edited January 2018
    I guess the difference is, sounds like they will start shipping tomorrow.
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    They actually started shipping on Friday
  • FrankP
    FrankP Member
    edited October 2019
    Even better. Question Howard. With the 6600m, I can have Smart SDR running on my PC at the same time I am using the 6600m display? Thanks. Frank WA3RSL
  • Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Nope, but you will be able to do so when, in the future, FRS adds its "multi client" feature to SSDR.  Until then, you can have a computer monitor (no PC necessary) mirror what is on the front panel, using the radio's HDMI output.
  • FrankP
    FrankP Member
    edited January 2018
    Thanks Neil. Ok about the future multi client. Am I correct I assuming there are features/functions that are available via the SmartSDR software via the PC that won't available using the 6600m alone?
  • Jay - AJ6AZ
    Jay - AJ6AZ Member
    edited January 2018
    When I ordered mine in Dec they told me March.

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    The only reason we have been waiting so long for the radios is testing and development, now that all that is finished the wait for a new order will not be as long.
    Right now, there would be a delay as they are busy preparing the radios for shipping. After that I would expect new orders to move along fine.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    SSDR also runs in the radio, the features with or without a computer are the same.
  • Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Well, my understanding is that the front panel will show a maximum of two frequency slices, while a PC will show the radio's maximum of four.  Also, operating digital modes will require your PC (although the radio can still run SSDR).  
  • Butch
    Butch Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Yes, those that first placed their order many months are seeing shipping notices now.  Odds are Flex will get to a point where they can quickly fill a 6400/6600(M) order.  When that may happen is the question.
  • FrankP
    FrankP Member
    edited January 2018
    Thanks Jay.
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018

Neil is correct. 

Frankly, while I have had a Maestro since Alpha testing days, I really have found little use for knobs except to speed up workflow in a limited number of contests. 

For DX Pileups I am significantly faster NOT using knobs.

For the rest of my operations, SSDR -W and SSDR-iOS is just so much easier to use.

While the auxiliary HDMI display of the M models is pretty.. its also not particularly functional as you can't point and click on it but rather need to do that on the much smaller M screen.

I will likely revisit my decision to stick with my 6700 after Multi-client is released.  Then a M model will give you the best of both worlds, depending of course on how they implement multi-client.

• Neal_K3NC
    Neal_K3NC Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Flex is pretty good at catching up once the production begins. Its great that the order backlog is large enough to cause a month's production to be required to catch up!
  • FrankP
    FrankP Member
    edited January 2018
    Thanks Howard. You are making a good case for the 6600. I can always add the Maestro later.
  • Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Just think of those of us ordering through non-Flex suppliers! I ordered in August, but through RadioWorld in Toronto, Ontario. I expect April or later. Of course I could get lucky :-)
  • Neal Pollack, N6YFM
    Neal Pollack, N6YFM Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Can anyone else confirm that they have started shipping last Friday?    If true, this would mean that we can expect forum comments from new owners fairly soon, right?  Either here or on eham.   I am interested in buying one, but ONLY after I can read real user experience opinions/comments/reviews.

Neal

• KS0CW
    KS0CW Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    I have yet to see anything from an FRS employee confirming shipping has started, IMHO take whats floating around with a grain of salt.
  • Butch
    Butch Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I will likely revisit my decision to stick with my 6700 after Multi-client is released.  Then a M model will give you the best of both worlds, depending of course on how they implement multi-client.

Howard - I'm curious as to how multi-client will give you the best of all worlds, and provide a reason to move from a 6700 to a 6600M?  (Assuming the multi-client feature will work on all the 6000 series.)
  • Robert Greene
    Robert Greene Member
    edited January 2018
    I called today and was told they are shipping, but it must be a handful at a time. I put my money down 5/19 @ 4:58pm, no tracking email.  I was told I was #66 and mine has not shipped and it is still in the box. What about Bob!
  • Jerry Gardner
    Jerry Gardner Member
    edited January 2018
    My guess? April or May.
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    @Neal and Kevin While I am not an employee I am part of the Alpha Team involved in testing new Software. We were released from our NDA on V2.1 and the 6400/6600 and specifically told by Gerald that shipping started Friday Anyways There will be official announcements soon if you choose not to believe me.
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Nice to have it all in one box. But need to be able to use a minimum of 4 slices
  • Joe  N9VX
    Joe N9VX Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    What models are shipping? I would guess I am one of the first 10 to order a 6400 (no M) and have not received a tracking number.
  • Jim K4JAF
    Jim K4JAF Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Thanks Howard for the information.  Notice no new software released today, tomorrow?  Evidentally must be shipping in small quantities at this time.. 
  • K3SF
    K3SF Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    it's here  ;-)

paul k3sf
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited January 2018
    Confirmed - Shipments started on Friday evening.  :)
  • Jim Osterling
    Jim Osterling Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I ordered the 6600 yesterday and through email, Flex indicated an April time frame for delivery........

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.