Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

To all soon receiving 6400 and 6600 radios...

Mark_WS7M
Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
edited August 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
While I fully realize you will want to play with said radios and be all selfish about having the newest and snub the rest of us... (just kidding)

I do expect some unboxing videos, some really good pictures of where the new radios are in your shack, some reviews, detailed about connections, setup, how does it feel to operate?

Basically, in summary, when you get your new radio, give us whom are not so lucky some feedback and reports.   We want to know!

:-)

Comments

• Jim K4JAF
    Jim K4JAF Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Great idea !!!!!
  • K7QDX
    K7QDX Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I also like that idea. One of the testers has a blog but it seems he has updated it for a while or I haven't been to it lately.

However when I ordered my radio I was told I should be in the first batch. However I still have yet to hear anything. I'm hoping to hear from them this next week I hope.
  • Jim K4JAF
    Jim K4JAF Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Also nice if Flexers who receive a tracking number, list their order date so we can roughly keep up with dates being shipped at that time..  Thanks..  
  • Gary Wise
    Gary Wise Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    My order date was Friday, May 19, 2017 at the Flex Booth at Dayton. Matt took my order (for a 6600) and a cash deposit that morning (after I learned of the new radios at the Flex dinner the night before).

73 - Gary - W4EEY

• Scott Russell - N1SER
    Scott Russell - N1SER Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Sounds like a good idea. I probably won't get mine for a couple more months since I ordered not too long ago but I'll try and document for you!

73 Scott N1SER
  • Rick Hadley - W0FG
    Rick Hadley - W0FG Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Flex 6400 w/ATU, V2.1.30 Software.  Some lucky souls will be getting their's in a few days.  I've been Alpha testing this one for a couple of weeks.  It's a lovely radio, every bit as good as my 6500 with the only limitation being 2 Slices/Pans on the 6400 vs 4 on the 6500.  Works great with the Maestro (off screen to the right) too, as well as with the iPad and iPhone.   Works fine on all modes I've be running, CW/SSB/FT8, and I've been getting great audio reports off the included FHM-2 mic,  I need to get an adaptor to try it out with my AT3035 studio mic that I use on the 6500.  The new software has a couple of nice enhancements, the most obvious being the adjustable panadaptor fill.
  • David Orman
    David Orman Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Keep going... :)
  • ka7gzr
    ka7gzr Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Great views of the new radios. I do have a question. How does the 6700 plus a Maestro compare to these?
  • Brad A. Steffler
    Brad A. Steffler Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Ham ****!

Brad
    KE4XJ
  • Clay N9IO
    Clay N9IO Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Gives a different meaning to the term "ham sexy". HA LOL!!!
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    This is very hard to answer simply. The new radios have replaced the older 6000 radios. That is why they are there. But the M models opens up a very new space in were the radios sit in the market place.
    The performance seems to be very close, but the 6700 has 2M built in. If you add a Maestro to the 6600? then the features and performance are close.
  • Jd Dupuy
    Jd Dupuy Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    That should be ****. Enjoy!

• Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
  • Mark WS7M
    Mark WS7M Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Still no new software yet... sigh...
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018

Any minute now...

Not many VISIBLE changes except fill and tune guides.

• Jim K4JAF
    Jim K4JAF Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Hope it will be released today, time winding down on Monday's workday. 

• KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018

V2.1 is done

BUT my best guess is that they are putting final touches on 2.1 Release Notes and New Documentation as they had to do a huge amount of work to get 2.1 tested on 7 different radios + Maestro's

• Clay N9IO
    Clay N9IO Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Yep and the Bouvet ship getting closer to the shore.
  • Jd Dupuy
    Jd Dupuy Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Stop it!
  • Robert Greene
    Robert Greene Member
    edited January 2018
    Bouvet, still 600 nautical miles to make the island.
  • Rick Hadley - W0FG
    Rick Hadley - W0FG Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    If you already have a 6K series radio, and V2.0.19, there's nothing in V2.1 that is so significant that it will improve your chances of working Bouvet.  If you're waiting for a 6400/6600 then that's a different matter.
  • Robert Greene
    Robert Greene Member
    edited January 2018
    Mine was May 19, 2017 @ 4:58, Told today I was #66 no tracking number, radio has not shipped still in box.
  • Clay N9IO
    Clay N9IO Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Bingo! Fingers crossed:-)
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
  • KM1E
    KM1E Member
    edited March 2018
    Here is my 6400 with Maestro and iPad Pro. Still figuring out how to use it. I have a question: Is it OK to leave the radio on all day / all night while I play with my iPad or iPod around the house, or with SmartLink away from home? Or, should I try to figure a way to turn on my Flex Radio remotely?image
  • K7QDX
    K7QDX Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Its been discussed in earlier posts. But a lot of people leave the radios on for days end. More so with the guys that runs and operators the radio remotely. 
  • Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Yes my 6500 has been on for over a year now.  I have the fan issue sporadically so leaving it on actually avoids part of that issue as the fans seem to have issues starting up.
  • Wim
    Wim Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    The 6600 working great at K6TE, experimenting already with Full Duplex using both antenna inputs.
    Right now I don't seem to have enough isolation between the Groundplane and rooftop doublet.

• KM1E
    KM1E Member
    edited March 2018
    Like I said in my post, I am trying to figure out how to use this machine. I can use my iPhone at home on my own network, but at work, with another wifi, I log in through my SmartLink, and get blank Panadapter, and no waterfall. Hopefully it's just a setting. Still learning.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.