Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Heil Proset ic and Icom SM-30 with 6600M?

David Salomon
David Salomon Member ✭✭
I have Heil Proset ic and Icom SM-30 mics that I used with my IC-7800.  I would like to use them with my 6600M.  I know I may have to change the connector on the end, which is not an issue.  The Heil is designed to be used with 5v to drive the mic, but worked fine with the 7800 at 8v.  The Icom is designed to be used with 8v to drive the mic.  The 6600M SSDR documentation states that it will deliver 3v.

So my question - is 3v enough to drive the Heil and Icom mics?  Does anyone have experience with using one or both of these mics?

If I have to use an external power circuit for one or both of these mics I can.  They're simply a capacitor, resistor and power supply.  I made one a few years ago that uses a 9v battery.  I'd rather not add an additional place for RF ingress, etc. if I can avoid it.

73 - David, AG4F

Answers

• David Salomon
    David Salomon Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    BTW, I posed this same question to Heil via their website just before I posted here.  I wanted to get the scoop straight from them as well.  I will post their response here.
  • Michael Coslo
    Michael Coslo Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    3 Volts should work fine. Doesn't take much to power a condenser mic. It's charging a cap. I've powered my Heel Proset Elite form the Flex and it work FB (disclaimer, I don't like the Proset Elite at all, but yes it will work.
  • David Salomon
    David Salomon Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Michael -

Thanks for the reply and info.

73 - David, AG4F

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.