Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Default ProSet HC6 Profile & Maestro

David Marotti
David Marotti Member ✭✭
I am the owner of a 6500 and a Maestro, and I also have a Heil ProSet HC6.  However I can't seem to configure the HC6 on the Maestro, and there is no default profile already on the Maestro.  Oddly enough, there IS a default profile for the HC6 on my PC.  I realize that perfect configuration depends on my voice and other factors, however I'd like to at least start with the default profile on the Maestro.  Does anyone know where I can find the default HC6 file on my PC, and how I can copy it to the Maestro?

Answers

• Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    The profiles are stored in the radio so you should have access to them with any client you use to connect to the radio. 
  • David Marotti
    David Marotti Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    That is what I thought too, but the Default HC6 profile does not appear in the profile list on the Maestro.
  • David Marotti
    David Marotti Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Thanks for your comments.  Well, the good news is that I found the default settings.  Rookie mistake - I was looking at the Global profiles, and not the MIC profiles.  The bad news is that now that I loaded the ProSet HC 6 default profile, I still can't get it set right.  People tell me I am very low.  On the back of the Maestro, I am plugging into "MIC2" with an 1/8" jack, and now I am wondering if it is my connector.  It's a stereo jack with 4 sections to the pin (tip / ring / ring / sleeve).  It's what I use on my KX3, but maybe not what I should be using on the Maestro.  I also noticed that Tim (W4TME) published the settings, but recommends to use input MIC (instead of MIC 2).  So (in the software) I switched to MIC, to turn on DEXP (@ 70), but that made no difference either.  To note, in the software, when you select MIC2, DEXP is grayed out so you can't set it.

I would be interested to know of anyone else out there is using the Heil ProSet HC 6 headset "with the Maestro," and a.) where you have it plugged into the back of the Maestro, b.) what kind (and brand) of 1/8" adapter / connector you are using, and c.) whether you are using it with the default Heil ProSet HC 6 profile or something else?
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited June 2018
    The mic jack is a TRS, not a TRRS.  There is no PTT on that connector.  I suspect that the mic element is not getting the required bias voltage.
    The mic plug wiring diagram is in the Maestro User Guide.
  • David Marotti
    David Marotti Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Thank you Tim.  Does FLEX sell, or can you recommend when I can purchase a 1/8" adapter / connector that is TRS?  I believe what I need is something that resembles the "ACC-AD1Y Bundle Item: MC-PROSET-HC6 ProSet Headset Cable for 8-pin Foster connector" BUT with the 1/8" TRS on the end instead of the 8 pin round Foster connector that goes directly into the 6500.  Can you send me a URL where I can purchase this item?
  • David Marotti
    David Marotti Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Thanks Tim.  Looks like this is what I need.  So to be sure, I would plug the female end of the 8 pin on the ACC-AD1Y Bundle connector into the male end of this 8 pin connector, and then the 1/8" into MIC2 on the back of the Maestro.  Since I am going into the back of a Maestro and not a 6400 or 6600, I assume I can just leave the RCA cable unattached.  Correct?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.