Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex Radio and CQRLog on Linux

Warren Gaspar
Warren Gaspar Member
edited February 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Has anyone got this working?  I have been poking at this for a while, have 6500 with Maestro trying to access from CQRLog, WSJT-X and AlarmeJT.  To me this would be the ultimate ham station but I haven't been able to figure the interface to the Maestro via TCP.  Hoping someone has this working.

Warren
KC0GU

Answers

• Mark Erbaugh
    Mark Erbaugh Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Wouldn’t it make more sense to talk to the radio via TCP/IP, rather than the Maestro. The M and the PC can both be clients of the radio.
  • Warren Gaspar
    Warren Gaspar Member
    edited January 2018
    Mark,

Might work although would require writing an interface program I believe.  The 3 apps all use legacy CAT/DAX interface so if Linux would do Serial-TCP CAT and DAX-TCP audio all would work.

I think that Linux is capable of this on its own but the only serial to IP I found is commercial and they want $300/port (not happening).  Since I running Linux Mint 18.2 SmartSDR is out unless I use a VM or WINE.  I have not been able to WINE to work so for now I'm trying to load DAX and CAT into a VM on a bridged network in the hopes that Linux will talk to VM (win7) will talk to 6500.

Warren
  • Mark Erbaugh
    Mark Erbaugh Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    It would be nice if someone would port CAT and DAX to Linux. I think, given the device structure of Linux that that would relatively simple for someone familiar with Linux devices.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited January 2018
    IMHO, nothing is relatively "simple" to do in Linux. If it was, Windows would be a relegated to a boutique desktop operating system.
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    This is where I would disagree wholeheartedly with Tim... it's rare, but it happens. :)
  • KC9EI - Dave
    KC9EI - Dave Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    As one who has been doing the computer stuff since since the abacus, I agree with Tim on this one. Sorry Ria.
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    As one who has been using Linux and writing software (including drivers and kernel modules) since 1995, I still disagree with Tim. I think there were still abacuses then though. :)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.