Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Should I buy the Maestro

2»

Answers

• David Marotti
    David Marotti Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Yes, police duty bags are bigger than most gun range bags, so make sure you review the sizes first; although most are pretty much the same size.  I've use one for years in my patrol car, so I'm used to the weight.  It's definitely a personal preference, but I love mine for my Maestro.  I have a few. ;)
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Duffy??? I was wondering if K3LR jumped ship from being a hard core ICOM guy. I knew 6 meter BBQ was jointly done with Flex, but... :)
  • Brad A. Steffler
    Brad A. Steffler Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    I think that the present point anc click interface is terrific. I am 69 and I remember when we went to key board entry from punched cards ( I worked as a Fortran IV programmer then). I was ecstatic with the new keyboard, character-oriented interface and ASCII rather EBCDIC! When we got the mouse and graphical interface, I found myself in heaven. I have no desire to go back to knobs. The combination of the graphical user interface and my ear hearing what comes out of the headphones or speaker work to make operating terrific fun and quite fast as well. Do I  have a little nostalgia for spinning the dial on a Hammarlund receiver on a cold winter's night hearing all the signals from the ether? Sometimes...Nah. Give me point and click. At least one old geezer prefers no knobs!

Robert, you will love the point and click interface!

Brad
    KE4XJ
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    I started with patch panels and was thrilled to graduate to paper tape I love Point and click. So add another even older geezer who has little use for knobs

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.