Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR iOS Display rate on 20m

David Marotti
David Marotti Member ✭✭
edited November 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
In Smart SDR for iOS, does anyone know why the Display Rate for 20m always defaults to a level of 60, and all other bands default to 80?  I prefer 80, so each time I start the program, I have to change the rate on 20.  I can't find anywhere in the settings a way to change the default.  And speaking of defaults, is there a way to start on 40 instead of 20?  Just curious.

Answers

• Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Hi David,

You can change the settings and save it to a profile. This way your settings are retained, including the operating frequency.

I use profiles for different activities. For example I have one for SO2R contesting, one for WSJT-X, one for SSB ragchew, one for DXing (split, CW).  I also have different mic profiles for different mics and different transmit profiles for different transmit situations (eg. using different amps and switch gear).

Ria

• Greg N8GD
    Greg N8GD Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    When using SSDR for iOS, I believe you may have a setting that’s causing these problems. Go to Settings at the bottom of the display then check the Low Bandwidth connection and make sure it’s off. I was told by Marcus this causes the 20 M startup, and it may be the cause of the Display Rate issue. Check with the developer, Marcus, as to why these startup defaults are as they appear. Greg
  • David Marotti
    David Marotti Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Hi Greg.  You nailed it!  Thank you.  That was it.  Not only does it no longer revert to 20m upon start-up, but now the display rate holds at where I prefer it (at 80).  Thanks again!

David, NK2Q
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    BINGO! I had not figured that out... and low B/W was a feature I had requested when they were developing smartlink, lol. 
  • David Marotti
    David Marotti Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Thanks Ria!  I just created my first profiles today too.  I still have much to learn, but that's half the fun :)

David, NK2Q
  • Greg N8GD
    Greg N8GD Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    It drove me crazy when it always started on 20 M! I’ve found that if your connection can just handle it, start with low bandwidth off then turn it on to improve drop outs etc. once you’re operating. Of course, you need to turn it off when you’re done or you’re back to 20 M every time.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.