Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Sharing two or more 6000 Series Radios with two or more users using v2.x.x SmartSDR

Steve - N4TTY
Steve - N4TTY Member
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Is there a best practices guide as how you would set things up to share 2 (or more) 6000 series radios among 2 (or more) users?  I saw this demonstrated at a club meeting where the presenter had several other radios that were not located at his QTH that showed up in his SmartSDR "Radio Finder" app.  There wasn't time to ask how it was done as that wasn't the main point of the demo.

I'd like to try this with a fellow Flex owner so we would have the ability to operate each others radio.

Steve G./N4TTY

Answers

• ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    They all need to be registered with the same smart link account, then they will show up in the chooser
  • Steve - N4TTY
    Steve - N4TTY Member
    edited January 2018
    So if I understand this right, at least one of the radios would have to be "de-registered" from its current account, then "registered" with the account of the of the other radio?  Is it possible to create another account that could be used to "share" the radios but still leave the "personal' accounts in place when sharing isn't necessary?  I hope that is clear enough to understand.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited January 2018
    You can register multiple radios to a single SmartLink account.  But a radio can only be associated with a single SmartLink account.

So you have to create a "common" account shared by multiple people and each one has to register their radio to that shared account.
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018

@Steve

That is what I do..

I have a Demo Account which is shared by several radios who I can access during a demonstration

I also have a separate personal account for when I am not doing a demo.

The issue is that you must deregister and register onto the account you want to use.

I made this much easier as I added a internet web controlled relay to my PTT line so I can remotely register and deregister the radio onto either account.  Also helps with Alpha testing when I am not home - which I am usually not...

• ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Thanks for clarifying Tim.. I could have been a bit more articulate.. serves me right for replying while building an HPC cluster and surfing the community simultaneously;-)
  • Mike va3mw
    Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Clearly your boss is out of town
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    totally busted.. ;-)
  • Steve - N4TTY
    Steve - N4TTY Member
    edited January 2018
    Thanks Tim!  That was what I was thinking the answer was, but wanted to be really sure.  The thing that threw me was the fact that it had to be a valid email account, so I used an account that was not my main account to be the login for my "common" shared account.

As always thanks for all you do for the FlexRadio Community!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.