Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Matching Speaker Recommendation

Thomas NE7X
Thomas NE7X Member ✭✭
edited January 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I per-ordered a Flex-6400M and I understand Flex does not sell an external matching speaker. Does anyone have a recommendation of a matching speaker, size (height) and color?
Thanks, 73s, Thomas NE7X...

Answers

• Neil   N4FN
    Neil N4FN Member
    edited July 2019
    BOSE has a great set of speakers called Companion 2 Series III, I believe at less than $100. list price  A good price for an excellent speaker. If you Google them you can find them under $75.00
    I will be using them with the long awaited 6400 and use them now with the Maestro
    Neil   N4FN
  • Jim Richardson
    edited February 2019
    I also use the Bose Companion 2 Series II Computer Speakers on my 6500.  Jim, k4vw
  • Butch
    Butch Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I initially started out using a set of Bose Companion 2 Series II speakers for my 6700.  They worked ok but after awhile I wanted something with better quality so I moved to a set of AudioEngine 5+  speakers.  They're a bit pricey but sound excellent. 
  • Craig_KØCF
    Craig_KØCF Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    I use the AudioEngine 2+. About $250 at Amazon, although I got mine on sale for $200. Excellent sound quality, no RF interference problems whatever. Not as much bass as the 5+, but adequate for voice.
    Craig, KØCF
  • Clay N9IO
    Clay N9IO Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    I am using two pair of the Companion 2 Series III speakers, I split the output to each pair. Easy on the ears, pleasant. $99 at Newegg locally at Target.
  • Bill-KB0BK
    Bill-KB0BK Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    I use Bose Companion 20 speakers with my 6700. I like the external tethered volume/on-off control. It’s more convenient for me with my setup. Never had any RF issues with my 5000a or 6700. No issues at legal limit power either. A bit pricey, but well worth it in my opinion.
  • K4ELO
    K4ELO Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    I like the West Mountain Radio dsp speakers.
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Also have the Audio Engine 5+. Excellent sound for both the radio and PC. Zero issues. Regards, Al / NN4ZZ
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Been happy with the Wohler AMP1A-LP Active Nearfield Stereo Speakers I have paired with the 6700 at my home shack. At my Island shack I just have an obsolete battery powered iPod-external speaker I was given. When possible I’m usually wearing a set of RadioSport headsets though. 73 Steve K9ZW
  • Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    I'm going to see how my 6600M internal speaker sounds before investing dollars and desk real estate in external speakers.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Neil, I think the radio speaker is ok,,but the ones these guys are talking about should be much better. Will see...

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.