Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Anf - totally useless

2»

Comments

• AA0KM
    AA0KM Member ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    yep fix this one too.
  • Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I don’t know how many of you have used the previous SDR sw, Power SDR. But it had a very effective ANF. Wish SmartSDR was as effective. NB does work well on pulse noise. TNF is very very good. WNB is an enigma, still don’t understand what conditions that make it useful.
  • Lawrence Gray
    Lawrence Gray Member ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    I use ANF regularly to notch out the idiots that tune on frequency--works fine. I used the WNB to eliminate noise from a timer. Software version 2.xx.
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    I've seen it work on switching power supply and line noise. I don't have any of those anymore but it did work on those. 
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    The ANF does work for me, but it can distort the audio,,but it does what it should do.
  • Mike W9OJ
    Mike W9OJ Member ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    The ANF notches out a carrier but the carrier comes back as soon as someone transmits. It's modulated by the SSB signal.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    I find I can stop that from happening, it takes careful adjustment. I works well for me.
  • Giulio
    Giulio Member
    edited June 2018
    Solved: sold my 6300. Bye!
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    What adjustment are you refering to Bill? Moving the ANF slider? I can see an slight improvement on the ANF from earlier versions, but it is not even close to the PowerSDR performance. Maybe I am not using it properly...
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Yes, the slider, I can find a good spot for it and It works well, but still has some distortion in it.
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    I guess I got spoiled with PowerSDR. I would leave it ON and not notice it at all. 
    Nowadays I hardly use it, I find the distortion worst than the offending tuner. A TNF is more useful. Problem is when I am using the Maestro... no TNF there.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    I hope they come back to it again. Maybe in V2, I remember it took about 5 years before they got the DSP in PSDR as good as it got.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.