Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

force radio on local LAN to be remote

Jim Shaffer
Jim Shaffer Member ✭✭
edited December 2017 in SmartSDR API
I am testing a stand-alone client using Flexlib v2.0.19, (i.e.) I am not using SmartSDR.  I have the radio connected to my local LAN, but want it to appear remote, (i.e.) have it show up on the WAN, but not the LAN.  Since I am using Flexlib, I am willing to hack the API.Init() code if that's what it takes.

Answers

• Stan VA7NF
    Stan VA7NF Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Using a different router, use it to NAT your radio - It becomes a different subnet.  Then SmartSDR goes out to SmartLink and it knows what address to use.  Voila - Remote radio.  You must previously had SmartSDR on that subnet to register the radio.
  • Jim Shaffer
    Jim Shaffer Member ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    So do I just plug the second routers internet port into an ethernet port on my existing router, then connect the Flex to the second router?  Perhaps I could just leave the radio where it is, and connect the computer to the second router?
    I've never done anything like this before.
  • Stan VA7NF
    Stan VA7NF Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Yes you should be able to do the same by moving SmartSDR.  Key - each on their own network with external access.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2017
    For SmartLink to work, the radio network and the client network must be on separate IP subnets and have different public IP addresses NATed to each device.  You can use a wifi hotspot via a cell phone to create a separate client network

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.