Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

corrupt source file warning 2.0.19

Rob Salsgiver
Rob Salsgiver Member
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
New system running Windows 10 and during install of SmartSDR 2.0.19 I get an error "C:ProgramDataFlexRadioSystemsSmartSDRUpdatesFLEX-6x00_v2.0.19.98.ssdr" ... an error occurred - "the source file is corrupted" - abort, retry, ignore.

This happens whether Windows Defender or installed ESET antivirus is active or not.  Searched forums and not finding anything.  Any suggestions?

Update 1:  Tried "Run as admin" with no changes.  Directory path exists with no files in "Updates" folder noted above.

Cheers,
Rob - NR3O

Comments

• Michael Coslo
    Michael Coslo Member ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Did you try downloading the install file again Rob?
  • Rob Salsgiver
    Rob Salsgiver Member
    edited December 2017
    3 or 4 times.  I  noticed the first couple of times I was downloading in Firefox and it hung about 2/3rds the way through.  I was able to resume the download and have it complete.  Both copies of the download that way had the unpacking error during install.  For giggles I downloaded (uninterrupted) in Chrome and that one had the same issue unfortunately. 
  • Rob Salsgiver
    Rob Salsgiver Member
    edited December 2017
    Can't say I "solved" the problem, but at least managed to resolve it.  I had previously downloaded a forgotten copy of 2.0.19 onto my laptop, which is a separate computer from the new desktop I was having the problem I described above.

On a whim I copied THAT install file over to the desktop and it appeared to install fine.  Still don't know why the multiple copies downloaded directly to the desktop yesterday had the problem, but I at least got it up and going!

Cheers,
    Rob
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2017
    The firmware file was corrupted.  The correct course of action is to re-download it and reinstall with a good version
  • Oxford English
    Oxford English Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    One observation - do NOT run 2 anti virus packages at the same time - it can cause havoc with the best system. I spent several years working in the anti-virus world for Dr Solomon and one of my jobs was test AV software from all the different makers so I know a little bit about the subject. I use Windows defender as an AV package and Malwarebytes for anything that is not considered a virus. 

Tim
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2017
     I use Windows defender as an AV package and Malwarebytes for anything that is not considered a virus

Ditto.
  • Peter K1PGV
    Peter K1PGV Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    What G7GFW said: Two A/V programs can cause trouble. In this case, two is definitely not better than one. File system filter drivers (which is what A/V programs use) can be complicated beasts to write correctly, and numerous A/V vendors have interop issues. Find an A/V program you like and trust it. Reevaluate your choice every few years, because the programs and threats change. I’ve switched to BitDefender recently for my home systems, and find it very good. YMMV. Peter K1PGV
  • NX6D Dave
    NX6D Dave Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Is the C drive in this system a spinning disk, or an SSD?
  • Rob Salsgiver
    Rob Salsgiver Member
    edited December 2017
    Interestingly enough, the C: drive on the desktop (the one that had the original problem) was an SSD, and the laptop has a traditional spinning disk. 

I ended up copying the install file from the laptop/spinning disk onto the desktop/SSD, and THAT copy worked fine.  Go figure!

Cheers,
    Rob

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.