Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Anyone try to use a PW-1 on aFlex? When I get my 6600M would be nice if I new it would work on it.

Brad
Brad Member ✭✭
Icom PW-1 working on 6600M

Answers

• Butch
    Butch Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    I've used a PW-1 on my Flex-6700, no problem at all, although I suggest using the the DDUtil program to preset the drive levels on each band.
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Years ago I had a PW-1 with various Flex Use DDUTIL to control the connection and see DDUTIL site for deatails Works seamlessly with a Flex
  • Brad
    Brad Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018

Had a FT-1200 hook up to it, the only thing didn't like was it did not band switch auto. I only drive with 45 watt and still get 900+. It will handle 100 watt drive. Will look at the DDUTIL. If I remember the 1200 was hook to the ALC and PTT. Looking for the 6600 as am down to IC-7100 now. Thanks All Brad

• KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    With DDUTIL it will automatically band switch
  • W1IMD
    W1IMD Member ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    I'm very happy you've had no problems with your PW-1 and your 6700. We finally gave up after trying to make the CI-V interface work and the unending issues of it working and then not working and trying to figure out what happened. We used DDUtil as well.
  • Ed Johnson
    Ed Johnson Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    I offer a module called the W2PH AutoBandSwitch that allows any Flex 6xxx to control a PW1.  It even supports pass through features.  It does not use the Flex's CIV at all freeing it up for logging or other software.  ed@w2ph

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.