Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Antenna Assignment

Richard
Richard Member ✭✭
Reviewing the PDF Version of the manual from 4O3A it shows up the Start Up Procedures.  One area of concern is not clearly specified.  I am sure others have the same issues.   In my case I have an Output to my main antennas and that will be on the Output A Position.  I also have a separate Antenna that is for 6 Meters.  Obviously I am hoping that when on 160 thru 10 Meters that the output is on A.  When moving the 6700 to the 6 Meter Band the hope is that the Amp will auto switch the output to Output B.  Not clearly shown in the Version 0 manual available from 4O3A.  Is this possible with the PowerGeniusXL?

Answers

• Matt (K0KB)
    Matt (K0KB) Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Richard, That’s the way their antenna genius 8x2 switch works and no doubt the amp will as well. I’m sure you’ll receive an official response, but hopefully that quells your concerns.
  • K1UO Larry
    K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017

The PGXL , if used with a Flex radio  cabled for SO2R for example, will follow the antenna port RF assignments associated with the 6700 active TX slice.

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited June 2020
    All you need to do is run ant 1 on radio to input 1 and ant 2 to input 2 on amp.

Then just set your antenna preference by band, making sure to save it in your profiles.
    When you switch bands it will use the proper antenna.

Dave wo2x

• Richard
    Richard Member ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    I thought that maybe the Work Around.  Personally I was hoping that it would be done internal to the Amp.  However, running two coaxes from from the 6700 to the AMPs Ports 1 and 2 respectively then doing the Antenna Assignment withing the radio.  Slice 1 be the 160 thru 10 and a 2nd Slice be 6 meters with the antenna assigned to #2.  Kind of a "cluge" arrangement but It will work.  You would think with the high level of technology that the Freq versus Antenna Assignment would be done inside the Amp.   TNX for the information.
  • Richard
    Richard Member ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    TNX Dave....

Had the 6700 a few years and have not really gotten into the Profiles.... About time I do....  Understand Coax from Antenna 1 and 2 on the radio to Antenna Input 1 and 2 on the AMP.  Outputs from the AMP, in my case would be Antenna 1 to my 160 thru 10 Antenna.   AMP Antenna 2 to my 6 Meters.  I understan the Slice Setup on the Radio.  Anything done with the AMP?
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    edited December 2017
    In the FlexRadio tab of the amp software you just choose your radio for both radios and set TX antenna for radio 1 to ANT 1 and TX ant for Radio 2 to Ant 2. PTT source for both is LAN.
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    edited December 2017
    Should be in the manual when the final manual is published.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.