Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Question about 5000a display difference

Wally
Wally Member

With no antennas attached why is there a difference in the two screens which are on the same frequency?

Answers

• Paul - K6HR
    Paul - K6HR Member ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    This is interesting. My 5000 running PSDR v2.7.2 does not exhibit this behaviour. What version of the software are you running?
  • Wally
    Wally Member
    edited December 2017
    This is supposed to be K9ENS software in the picture. I have K9ENS PSDR 2.7.2 and it doesn't look like that so I don't know what it is. The freqs aren't matched but you can see the difference. image
  • Wally
    Wally Member
    edited December 2017
    I figured it out...it's the latest PSDR 2.8.0 version but it still doesn't explained why the to radios are different.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2017
    The receivers do not use the same electronics.  They have their own ADCs and filter circuitry so there will be small differences in the digitization performance between the two.
  • Wally
    Wally Member
    edited December 2017
    Thank you Tim! So does the above look normal?
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2017
    Yes, similar to my 5000 + RX2

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.