Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Latest WSJT version. No Flex 5000 radio, only 1000 and 6000 series; Anyone ellse had this problem?

Rig menu does not list Flex 5000

Answers

• ed KB3TOX
    ed KB3TOX Member
    edited July 2019
    have you tried using the Kenwood TS2000 
  • Dave Paperman, W5WP
    edited December 2017
    I don't own a TS2000

My question stated the Flex 5000

Happy holidays
  • DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    1. Update to WSJT-X 1.8.0 http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/wsjtx.html
    2. Open the WSJT-X settings - radio tab - under rig choose TS-2000.
    3. Try again, that setting should work.
    4. If it does not, look at your PowerSDR setting, and change it in the CAT control tab to
         ID TS-2000.

I use another setting, as my favourite software isHamRadio DeLuxe: I start MiniDeluxe, then use the HRD settings. That works like a charm with automatic logging to the HRD Logbook.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2017
    PowerSDR CAT will emulate a Kenwood radio for applications that do not natively support the Flex.

Follow Alex's instructions and it should work.
  • Dave Paperman, W5WP
    edited December 2017
    I followed the recommendations to use the TS2000 emulation. Thanks! That gave me control and synchronization withe the Flex 5000. BUT no virtual audio in transmit or receive.
    My previous version of WSJT-X (without FT-8) works fine. I tried comparing settings between versions. All agree but no joy.
    I am NOT a software guru. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Dave, W5WP

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.