Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6600M Display

Does the 6600M use a Dell tablet for its display, or something else?

Answers

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    The display unit in the 6600M/6400M has electronics that are similar to a tablet computer, but it is not an off the shelf tablet.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2017
    Bill's answer is correct.
  • Marc Lalonde
    Marc Lalonde Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Hi  Tim , did the Display on 6x00M radio that is "similar to a tablet" have some kind of internal battery like the mastero ??? 

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    The 6600M and 6400M do not have internal memory, they will not suffer the same kind of issues.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited January 2018
    The display module in the 6000 "M" models does not utilize an internal battery that requires periodic recharging.
  • Marc Lalonde
    Marc Lalonde Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    ok  but i look for only battery or not   
    since i put that in "enclosed" remote space and totally unattended ,i prefer avoid have battery ,specially lipo

case 1  no battery  --> got  6600M  , no use of display but may good for local debog ..
    case 2 have battery of some kind - ->  got 6600 + Mastero  ,so not leave the display (battery) on the remote site 

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited January 2018
    If it is an enclosed space, make sure to provide for ventilation. The radio need about two inches clearance on both sides for air intake. If thos is in a secure box or cabinet you might think about putting vents on the bottom to allow air in and exhaust fan on top to allow warm air out. Dave wo2x
  • Marc Lalonde
    Marc Lalonde Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    That is my enclosed space ;-)  20 feet maritime container   
    that almost hermetic . when open door AIR condense on roof ...

but  battery fire on this is and you have 20,000$  bill of equipment to remplace

have  heated insulated box for radio ,but it 2 x 2 x 2 feet  so no issue and have fan on it 

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited January 2018
    You should be fine 73 Dave wo2x
  • Gerald-K5SDR
    Gerald-K5SDR FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    There are no batteries in in any of the radios.
  • Marc Lalonde
    Marc Lalonde Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Thank  ;-) 
  • Zippy
    Zippy Member
    We have a 6600M at our EOC. I had to totally reinitialize it, due to neglect for the last couple years. Firmware. etc. is now current
    We want the panadapter on the front panel to reflect the frequency on SmartSDR running on an accompanying PC. For example, clicking on an RMS station in WinLink will tune the radio, and the panadapter on the PC indicates that, but not the display on the 6600M. It is on a different slice.
    Is there a way to "link" the displays? I'm just learning the Flex way of life, and not all the way there!
    Thanks, Mark, KM4RK
  • KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.