Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

integrate n1mm and cw skimmer

AH0U
AH0U Member ✭✭
edited November 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I am using a 6700with CW Skimmer and N1MM but have to use the N1MM Bandmap to load the  call sign and freq. into the program which is fine but right clicking and find the turn rotor tab is a pain... but the real challenge for me is having to click on a call sign in Skimmer then going over to the bandmap and again clicking thee to load the call into N1MM... is there an easier way???

Answers

• EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Are you using sdr bridge? http://www.qrv.com/sdrbridge.html
  • AH0U
    AH0U Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019

Yes I SDR bridge for CW Skimmer and it works fine, but I want to have CW Skimmer talk to n1mm and I don't see how to do that.

bc

• EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    I meant to check today but haven't been able to. I remember there was a setting (telnet server maybe?) that provided that connectivity to share callsigns between the programs, but I can't recall if the top of my head. I will try to check tomorrow.
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    CW skimmer has the telnet server built in. 

Connect to that in N1MM+ via the telnet settings. 

If you want to combine the internet cluster(s) and skimmer or multiple skimmer instances you can use WintelnetX by K1TTT.

Once you have the telnet setup, the decoded calls will show up in your bandmap. 
  • AH0U
    AH0U Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016

I have tried that but still get,,, unable to connect messages in the n1mm telnet screen.... How have you set the n1mm telnet dialogue??

Tnx, AH0U

• Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Go into Windows -> Telnet then go under "Clusters" tab. Then click "Edit list"

Double click an empty row and put the skimmer's info in there. 

Then click OK and go back to the main window and select the skimmer you created.

Then click "Connect"

It will throw you back to the first tab and you will be connected:

And you're done. The entries will show up in your bandmap. 

• Ken W9IE
    Ken W9IE Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Ria,
    I think that what he means is that he wants to be able to click on a call
    on the Skimmer panel and have it go into the Entry window in N1MM.

It works fine if using the band map...   But I also can not get the call 
    to go into the N1MM entry window directly from the Skimmer Panel.

But the advantage of using the Band Map Panel is that N1MM will
    Gray the contacts that you have already made and highlight the
    Multipliers .

Ken   W9IE       (If I am wrong please let me know)
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    There is no way to do that with skimmer. You have to use the band map.

• Ed - W2RF
    Ed - W2RF Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    If Bridge is connected to Skimmer, clicking the Skimmer bandmap causes the Radio to QSY. (This action is independent of loggers.) What happens next depends on which logger you are using.

If the logger is N1MM, CAT from the radio causes N1MM to QSY. But since N1MM is not connected to Bridge, there is no further action:
    • The callsign is NOT transferred from Skimmer to N1MM.
    • The N1MM status of the callsign is NOT transferred to Skimmer.
    If the logger is WriteLog, Bridge causes WriteLog to QSY directly. Also (via that API connection):
    • WriteLog receives the callsign from Bridge.
    • Bridge queries the callsign status (worked, new, mult) from WriteLog.
    • Bridge sends a color-code to Skimmer that is used in the bandmap.
    I believe this is what you want to see happen with N1MM.

I have tried and been unsuccessful in getting N1MM developers to cooperate on this issue. Any encouragement you can give them will be greatly appreciated!

In the mean time, WriteLog is a great solution. I recommend it highly.

73 Ed W2RF
  • Clay N9IO
    Clay N9IO Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Yes works perfectly in Writelog single click from either the skimmer copy window below and/or the Skimmer bandmap.    Also from the Writelog Bandmap fed from dx cluster.

N1MM no only as Ria had stated.
    It will eventually populate the N1MM callsign entry window via the N1MM Bandmap only, too many extra steps getting there.  It would greatly improve the N1MM / Skimmer experience if they were to get with Ed on this.  So much not being realized with the combination of these two. Terrible shame.

I heard some place and I totally agree "programmers rule"!  Come on N1MM guys, please make the magic happen.

Ed W2RF, compliments for everything you have done, thank you!
  • Kent Olsen
    Kent Olsen Member
    edited October 2019
    I see this was posted a year ago. Has there been any movement by N1MM+ to implement this??

Thanks
    Kent
    N6WT
  • Mike NN9DD
    Mike NN9DD Member ✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Ria, any idea how to get to filter spots so it only sends contact calling CQ or Test. Right now it is send every call it gets. I know how to do CQ is there away to add test as well Mike NN9DD
  • Mike NN9DD
    Mike NN9DD Member ✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Thanks Tim I have it working with Wintelnetx running skimmer spots as well as ve7cc feed

Mike
    NN9DD

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.