Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

API(?) for Contest Loggers to access CWX?

Duane_AC5AA
Duane_AC5AA Member ✭✭✭
edited November 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
Perhaps this has been suggested before, or maybe I'm completely missing some other option already provided, but could Flex provide a method where contest loggers could access CWX for the purpose of sending CW contest exchanges?  I know something is provided for Winkey, but not sure how that compares.  I use Writelog, but have been setting up the CWX buffers for the contest - it sort of halfway works but context switching becomes a real bear.  I'd almost prefer  using my old Logikeyer as I wouldn't have to switch programs with that.  Just a thought that occurred during this weekend's contest.  TIA.

Answers

• Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    There are also CATASC commands. 
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited November 2017
    You can use the winkey emulator as a convenient and easy to setup method, and choose that as the keying method in Writelog, or you can use an external keyer as well. 
  • Duane_AC5AA
    Duane_AC5AA Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Thanks, Chris - I need to figure that out.  Appreciate your suggestion.  (As I write this, I see in the sidebar a note from Steve, N5AC about a TCP/IP API for CWX as well.)
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Winkeyer is easy. Just set up a port in CAT as type “Winkeyer” and set your software to use that. I ran it all weekend.
  • K9DUR
    K9DUR Member ✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Actually, the Flex API does provide a CWX object that programmers can use to send code. My MorseKeyer6k program works that way.  Whether the contest logging software author would take advantage of it or not is another matter -- especially since the WinKeyer emulation is available.

73, Ray, K9DUR
  • Duane_AC5AA
    Duane_AC5AA Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Thanks Ray & Ria.  I'll give the Winkeyer approach a try this afternoon.  I didn't realize this was a hardware-independent solution.  

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.