Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

192khz bandwidth on Flex 3000?

Hi all
Currently there is a Flex-3000 advertised on eBay Germany and the seller states that his Flex 3000 operates at 192khz panadapter bandwidth using Ke9NS version of PowerSDR.

I did not think this was possible with the 3k!!.

I have tried this myself with Ke9NS but all it seems to do in my case (if you set the flexdriver to 192khz and Powersdr setup to 192khz)  is to render the flexdriver unusable and I have to reinstall the flexdriver and powersdr.
Has anybody else heard of the 3000 running at 192khz? And if so is there a procedure to achieve this?

Answers

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Pretty sure the Flex3000 is 96K max

• Clay N9IO
    Clay N9IO Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    And yet that is still pretty amazing compared to any legacy radio.
  • Stuart Binns
    Stuart Binns Member
    edited November 2017
    Quick update. The seller in Germany has provided a picture showing his Flex 3000 running at 192khz bandwidth with ke0ns PowerSDR. How has he managed to do this?

Whenever I try it it just corrupts the flexdriver and it has to be re-installed
  • Stuart Binns
    Stuart Binns Member
    edited November 2017
    Resolved - Ok so this does work and PSDR V2.8 allows the Flex 3k to work at 192khz  sample rate.

The limiting factor will be the Firewire card and/or it's driver.
    In my case i simply had to install the legacy 1394 Firewire driver.

It's pretty cool having 192khz bandwidth on the Panadapter!

Darrin KE9NS PowerSDR 2.8 is awesome!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.