Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Low power to no output Flex 6300

VE9XA - Tim Billings
VE9XA - Tim Billings Member ✭✭
edited December 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
  • I am having power output issues with my Flex 6300  (Running Smart SDR 2.0.19) The radio shut down during a QSO and when I restarted the rig I was initially not getting any power output. 
  • I rebooted the 6300 and restored the factory default with no success in any increase in  power output (zero).
  • I defaulted back to an earlier version of SmartSDR 2.0.17 with no change in output (zero).
  • I changed my power supply, re installed Smart SDR 2.0.19 and did a few tests into a dummy load and was only then able to see a power output of 10 to 17 watts.
  • I suspect that either RF caused the initial shutdown or a possible spike in SWR (experiencing heavy rains at the time of the rig shutdown.)
  • Looking for some direction on what I should do next.  Full reinstall  (new download from website) of Smart SDR 2.0.19 ?   Suggestions ???  Thanks!!!

Answers

• RoyS
    RoyS Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Tim,
    I don't think it is an issue of software. You have explained the hard rain at the time the radio quit.
    I suspect your radio was struck by a static charge in your antenna system and took out the radio.
    I would suggest placing a trouble ticket with Flex but they are closed now until Monday.
    Sorry to hear about your problem. Good Luck

W5TKZ - Roy
  • VE9XA - Tim Billings
    edited November 2017
    Thanks Roy... I suspect so.. the only thing that is confusing me is that the rig went from no power output to 10 to 17 watts after I tried a few different things.
  • Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Make sure the power pole connectors on the back of the radio are getting a good connection. I have experienced low power due to this, also make sure your power supply is putting out close to 14 volts like it should.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Try a hard reset, not just a re boot,,,and unplug power cable from the back for a min or so. Plug power cable back in and restart.
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited November 2017
    check the power to your shack.  measure voltage with a multimeter in the power feed to your PS, and then the DC voltage from your PS to the Flex.

• WA2SQQ
    WA2SQQ Member ✭✭
    edited November 2017
    In my 6500, on the main PCB, the main fuse plugs in just like an automobile fuse. I had a similar issue and found that reseating the fuse fixed the problem. I made sure the contacts were cleaned with a dab of Deoxit. Never happened again.
  • VE9XA - Tim Billings
    edited November 2017
    Power looks fine... change power supplies and checked voltage..and good.
  • VE9XA - Tim Billings
    edited November 2017
    I had a look...all OK there.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2018
    Test using the TUNE function into a dummy load.  Run the TUNE power up to 100 for each band starting on 160.  You should get a nominal 100W output.  If not open a HelpDesk support ticket.
  • VE9XA - Tim Billings
    edited November 2017
    Thanks...I tested as per your suggestion with no increase in power output noted. I have contacted HelpDesk Support.

• VE9XA - Tim Billings
    edited March 2018
    A late update on my Flex problems,,,,
    Shipped it back and Flex gurus fixed the rig.
    Great service in a very busy time.
    Thanks Flex!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.