Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Pop Out window issue with Profiles

EA4GLI
EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
edited November 2017 in SmartSDR for Windows
Yesterday I decided to use the Pop Out feature in one of the satellite passes.
Today, every time a recall a Profile, one of the Panadapters is always Popped Out. 
I saved the profile again with both windows popped in and when I recall one of them is Popped Out.
Has anyone seen this behavior? I really hope the solution does not involve a Factory Reset and redoing all the Profiles!

Comments

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited November 2017
    Profiles do not save the state of the client GUI configuration.  Whether or not a windows is popped out is a client-specific state. Profiles only save radio parameters (states).
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    I thought so too. But it is doing it nonetheless. I pop the window back into the main smartsdr window and next time I recall the profile it pops one of the panadapters out.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited November 2017
    Save the profile and then shut down and restart SmartSDR to save the client state data.  Then recall the profile.
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Power down the Flex competely? No 12v at all? Or just reboot?
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited November 2017
    Leave the radio running.  Just restart the software (SmartSDR).
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    THIS WORKED!
    Thanks Tim.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited November 2017
    I was certain it would.  You have to shut down SmartSDR for Windows for it to save its state information.
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Great. Please close it as SOLVED.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.