Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Ant RF Gain slider on 6300 with V 2.0.19.98

jean claude
jean claude Member ✭✭
edited December 2018 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Ant RF Gain slider on 6300 with V 2.0.19.98
Due to QRM from plc getting bigger every where, is there a chance to get the gain slider adjustable with my config?
Nowadays it is 0 or 20 Db.
It would be great to be able to adjust the gain at the limit of the QRM.
Tks
jean claude  F6EJU

Answers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited October 2017
    If you are experiencing QRM, you do not want more RF gain, especially on the bands above 14 MHz unless you are using a negative gain antenna.

This article will inform you when RF gain is needed
    https://helpdesk.flexradio.com/hc/en-us/articles/204923669-How-to-determine-the-amount-of-RF-Preamp-...

You want to the AGC-T setting to optimize your signal to noise ratio for receive.
    This is covered in the SmartSDR Software Users Guide in the AGC-T section, chapter 13 How to Configure Noise Mitigation   

http://www.flexradio.com/downloads/smartsdr-software-user-guide-pdf/

• jean claude
    jean claude Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    TIM
    Tks for your reply.
    I am going to study what you have explained.
    Tell me one thing:
    On the 6300 is there or not the possibility to adjust the ANT RF GAIN by a slider and not what I have today which is 0 or 20 DB.
    To tell you the true, I have bought the V 2.0.19.98 thinking it will turns the switch in a real slider.... 
    regards
    jean claude
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited October 2017
    The RF gain control is not continuously variable.  It has fixed gain settings in steps.
  • jean claude
    jean claude Member ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Do all models 6000 have this function working in the same way ?"fixed gain"
    I am gonna get a new 6400 when available on this side of the pond ...2018 
    Will it be as all the 6000 with a fixed gain?
  • K0FLY
    K0FLY Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Jean:

What your adjusting (RF Gain) is known as PRE AMP on/off in other radios.   Look at the slice flag, click on the speaker Icon, you will see the box for selection of AGC Speed.  To the right of that is a slider, this is the variable parameter you are looking for, FLEX calls it AGC Threshold, it would be labeled RF gain on analog radios.

Gayle K0FLY
  • jean claude
    jean claude Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Thanks Gayle.
    73 f6eju
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited October 2017
    Yes, all FLEX-6000 operate this way, they have a stepped gain RF preamp.
  • jean claude
    jean claude Member ✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Tim

Now It is clear  in my mind.
    Thanks for your help and patience...
    jean claude F6eju
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited November 2017
    You're welcome

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.