Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Slice B but no DAX output to WSJT-X

Dave - G3SBP
Dave - G3SBP Member ✭✭
Like many of you I run WSJT-X with several slices on a 6700 with no problem However, this is not the case with Slice B which although shows a DAX IQ stream being output no signals appear on the WSJT-X waterfall.  Is there something special about Slice B? I have tried everything to no avail! Grateful for any thoughts.
Dave. G3SBP

Answers

• Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    DAX IQ? I assume that was a typo. If you mean DAX Audio RX#. Then make sure you have selected the same DAX RX# in WSJT-x that you are selecting in the DAX pulldown on Slice B, and that you have the same DAX channel activated in the DAX Control Panel. Also check that the meter on that channel’s Indicator in the DAX Control Panel is showing audio.
  • Dave - G3SBP
    Dave - G3SBP Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Yes, sorry that was a typo!  Yes, the DAX RX's match and you see audio on the panel.  I have Slice C and D working perfectly, it's only B that fails! Even changing Slice B to another DAX Rx fails.

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020

I had a similar problem using WSJT-X. Once I upgraded my Windows to 1709, I could not get my DAX to work on TX and the receive stream would only work on DAX-2 through DAX-8. Out of curiosity, I reverted back to 1703, and everything worked fine. I then, put my computer back to where there was no WSJT-X on the computer, upgraded to 1709 and reloaded WSJT-X and everything worked fine. I also tried removing WSJT-X on the non-working computer, re-loaded,  and still had the same problem. It seems every time Windows makes an "upgrade" things go to **** in a hand basket.

Jim, K6QE

• Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    That reminds me. Check “Device Manager” and turn on “View Hidden” and examine the Audio Devices. A Windows 10 update might have corrupted your DAX drivers, leaving “hidden” or “ghosted” devices. Look at the entries for the DAX Channels and see if any of them are doubled, missing, or don’t look like the others. If so, look at the help desk knowledge base for the article on removing ghosted audio devices.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Diagnostic Question: Does slice B fail when it is the only slice using WSJT-X? Or only when you have multiple slices running WSJT-X?
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited October 2017

Makes me wonder if developing an uninstall program for each program is a more daunting project than the project itself.

• Dave - G3SBP
    Dave - G3SBP Member ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Thanks for the suggestions Ken and Jim,

1. Yes, Slice B fails when it is only slice.

2. Checked Device Mgr and all looks okay. Not sure what you mean by entries for DAX Channels?

3. One other important point is that despite the CAT and Radio connections being identical to all others and the "CAT Test" showing Green on the  WSJT_X settings the front digital frequency display comes up in Red. On WSJT-X with the other working Slices the digital frequency displays are in Green.CAT setup appears to be identical to others...
    Dave. G3SBP

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited October 2017
    Screenshots of the CAT port and the WSJT-X radio configuration would help a lot.
  • Dave - G3SBP
    Dave - G3SBP Member ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Tim, I have shut down Slice B (tried many times before) but this time on re-installing the signals appear as they should on WSJT-X! Now only difference is that as I said before the WSJT-X front Frequency box comes up in Red despite the "Test CAT" showing Green.  HoweverI will continue to see if I can resolve this.
    Dave.  G3SBP
  • Golden23412
    Golden23412 Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    I see this issue is 2 years old, but I am experiencing the same thing with my 6400 and v3.0.27 Does anyone have any insight into what might be going on? I have checked all settings and can’t seem to find a reason audio on dax2/slice-b doesn’t come through.
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    doghausdev
    Meet me in the IRC channel, and I'll help you figure out the problem.

#FlexRadio IRC Chat

73, Jay - NO5J

• Golden23412
    Golden23412 Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Thank you, Jay - I have had to step away from the radio for the rest of the day, but would love to take you up on the offer another time.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.