Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

I am unable to change to 40 meter band by selecting 40 using the band tab.

Ken
Ken Member ✭✭

I am operating my Flex 6500 remotely using Version 2.0.17 and I am unable to change to 40 meter band by selecting 40 using the band tab. No problem selecting any other of the bands (4 thorough 160). However, if I am on another band with an open slice, and I type in a 40 meter frequency (for example 7.200) in the slice's frequency window, it will immediately move to the 40 meter band with no problems. It will just not move to 40 meters using the band tab.

When I am on another band and I do select 40 using the band tab the slice disappears and whatever band I am on at the time remains displayed. I have tried doing this using a VPN connection and the problem is identical.

Answers

• Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I had this issue a while ago with 40m as well, I vaguely remembered the fix but created a helpdesk ticket and got an answer 61 minutes later. I'm sure this is somewhere in the Knowledge Base I was going to redo this in my own words but here is Dudley response, and of course it worked. Credit where credit is do.
    We have seen this issue before and the solution is the Database reset of the radio ,  as you stated it's the same with both SmartSDR and the Maestro, so is in the radio. When you import your profiles back in, be sure to leave the "Preferences" unchecked, this is your persistence data of the radio. Follow this procedure for resetting the database of the radio.

First you should Export your current profiles,  so use the the Profile manager to Export your profiles to your computer.   Then power the radio down.   Then on the next power up of the radio ,  hold the "OK"  button first and while HOLDING the OK,  press the power button to start the power up sequence.  Keep holding the OK button until the count down in the OLED goes to zero and the power LED turns white,  then release the OK button.  The radio will complete the calibration and once you start SmartSDR,  you should only have one panadapter with one slice at 14.100 MHz.   

When you do Import your previous saved Profiles back into the radio,   please uncheck the "Preferences" button in the Import drop down before actually Importing. This is the persistence data,  or placement and previous settings from last using the radio..   ​
  • Ken
    Ken Member ✭✭
    edited October 2017

Mike,

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, I am operating remotely for the next two weeks and there's nobody at home to push the buttons for me. I will try this when I return home.

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited October 2017
    This is the correct procedure to resolve the behavior you are observing.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.