Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

PG XL Amplifier and 2 (Two) Flex/4O3A antenna tuners? SO2R perspective.

Rich - N5ZC
Rich - N5ZC Member ✭✭
edited April 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Will the software/network have the ability to communicate with two Flex/4O3A tuners that are in line with the outputs of the PG XL?

For example either output of the PG XL  may have to connect to my JK3040SR for 40m operation.  The antenna needs a little help, swr wise, between 7.240 and 7.300. The swr range is  2.0:1 to 2.7:1 .

All of my antennas, accept for 40m, have good swr bandwidth.  I'd use the tuners to keep the swr flat across the entire band.

In my setup each PG XL amp could be connected to any antenna at any time. 

Rich - N5ZC

Answers

• Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Rich, if you have good antennas why you need more then one tuner for 40m?

• K1UO Larry
    K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    If the tuners were connected to the antenna output ports of say an Antenna Genius 8X2 on the appropriate antennas you wish to tune then that should work since the Amp outputs would be connecxted to the 2  AG input ports.
    Need to figure out similar connections for my PGXL  and AG 8X2 plus here also but like the first line of your question says...  "communicate with 2 tuners at once"  is the key.
  • Rich - N5ZC
    Rich - N5ZC Member ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    It all depends on which slice/amp port is driving the 40m antenna.  I'm looking for maximum flexibility so I don't have to worry about which port is connected to which antenna.

Additionally, If the tuner is going to be in line, I may as well flatten the swr on all of the bands.

You are correct, I could be sure that the port with the tuner is the one that get's connected to the 40m antenna.

Rich - N5ZC

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.