Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SDR vanishes from screen and need to cancel with Task Manager to restart

Victor Gavron
Victor Gavron Member
edited February 2018 in SmartSDR for Windows
I am using a Flex 6500 with SDR 2.0.19.98.  The on-screen display suddenly vanishes - sometimes after minutes, sometimes after several hours.  However, Windows 10 Task Manager shows that the SDR process is still running.  To restart it, I have to first end the task (using Task Manager) and then click the SDR icon.  System is Win 10 on 4 processor 2.6 AMD CPU.  Any ideas to prevent this?  Thanks...

Comments

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited October 2017

Go to Windows 7? I say this with tongue in cheek, but the other day I got another up date from Windows 10 and lost all of my icons. I did a restore, and put in GWX to get rid of this plague of windows programmers mania of change for the sake of change. I think there should be a special place in **** for Windows programmers.

• Victor Gavron
    Victor Gavron Member
    edited October 2017
    Since every other app on the PC works as advertised, I assume there must be something inside of the SDR S/W that causes this.  Tech Support anyone?

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    There is something in the PC causing this, Maybe a help desk ticket would be good?
  • Bill W2PKY
    Bill W2PKY Member ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    When this happens, is there a SSDR ICON in the tray that can be used to Maximize the app? 
  • Victor Gavron
    Victor Gavron Member
    edited October 2017
    There is an icon, but clicking it has no effect.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.