Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Bought used 6500, required S/W downgrade, but green light doesn't stop flashing

I bought a used 6500, and when I tried to install the S/W (1.6.17.156) it notified me that I needed to downgrade.  So I clicked the button in the app, the sliding marker that shows progress moved from left to right, but when it completed, the green light on the 6500 would not stop flashing.  I waited 2 hours, and turned it off (holding the button for 4 seconds).  Now when I turn it on it still flashes green on and off.  Based on comments, I have moved the Ethernet cable from the PC to the router, no effect.  The Ethernet light does flash, but when I check IP addresses, the 6500 doesn't exist.  Any help would be welcome. Is there a way to reinstall the firmware, if needed?Thanks...

Comments

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Try a factory reset. Hold the OK button down, and then,  momentarily press the on/off button. Wait for the LED indicator to count down and release the OK button. After the radio boots up, try to reinstall.
  • David
    David Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Here is a link on how to do the factory reset. If this does help get you running again you should open a support ticket with FlexRadio https://helpdesk.flexradio.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/factory-reset-6500

What version of SmartSDR did you have installed on your PC when it notified you a downgrade was needed. My guess is the radio was running more current version than what you have installed on the PC. I could be wrong.

• Mike NN9DD
    Mike NN9DD Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    A question the is off topic but relevant. What version of software is it downgrading from. If it was version two the radio owns the software you should upgrade your software. Just something to check. As for the hanging green light try the reset as suggested Mike NN9DD
  • Kevin
    Kevin Member
    edited July 2019
    What software version was loaded?

If 2.x was loaded then you're radio might already be licensed for that and you should have no troubles. $200 saved.

But if the license is not valid or you don't want to license it for 2.x that then go to v1.11.02 or v1.10.16. This avoids any dependency issues between versions.

Kev
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    always install the latest version
  • W3FJJ
    W3FJJ Member ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    I wouldn't recommend downgrading firmware, I tried to do it on my 6300, from v.2.1.9 to v2.2.1.7 now my radio Doesn't work, I just sent radio back to Flex. For repair.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited October 2017
    If a cold boot (removing DC power, reconnecting DC power and rebooting the radio) does not resolve the issue, then I suggest you submit a support ticket via our HelpDesk (https://helpdesk.flexradio.com) so we can assign you a case number.  For details on how to submit a HelpDesk support ticket, please refer to the following URL: http://helpdesk.flexradio.com/hc/en-us/articles/202118688-How-to-Submit-a-Request-for-Technical-Supp...   Once the support ticket is submitted, a support engineer will be in contact so we can work on the issue.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.