Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

IPAD 4 Issues

WA5YOM
WA5YOM Member ✭✭
edited December 2019 in SmartSDR for iOS
IPAD 4 freezes and flickers back and forth between Slice A and B, I have already selected NET slow and reduced waterfall rate to the slowest, I have closed ALL open apps. Still have the same problem (running latest IOS version)

Comments

• ThisUserDoesNotExist
    ThisUserDoesNotExist Company Adviser ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Timothy,

please try the following and let us know:

- Disable DX-Cluster autostart (in case you purchased the DX-Cluster tool)
    - Go to Settings (on iOS) General -> Background App Refresh and tun it off (to see if this helps)
    - Power cycle your iPad
    - Power cycle your Flex Radio

Please note (not related to this issue): "Closing all open Apps" is a myth. If you close the various screens that appear after double tapping the home button, this is nothing else than removing entries from a browser history. These are not Apps running in the background which are then closed by closing these screen snapshots. Some websites and magazines are spreading this myth but that's not true.

Please keep us updated.

Marcus, DL8MRE
  • Ray G6UJB
    Ray G6UJB Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017

I raised a fault ticket 19618 about this exact same problem - clicking on the settings link and just returning to the pan-adapter without making any changes temporarily stops the jumping effect, but changing bands will trigger the effect again.
  • ThisUserDoesNotExist
    edited September 2017
    And, did you got it resolved? And @Timothy: it would be nice if you could let us know what happened when following my suggestions. 73, Marcus
  • Ray G6UJB
    Ray G6UJB Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Hi Marcus,

No nothing yet, I just assumed it was being looked into. I did all that you suggested plus more besides to make sure it was not the iPad or the Flexradio.

73, Ray
  • WA5YOM
    WA5YOM Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Ok..just had time to try again....seems to occur when changing bands...if two slices are present they rapidly switch back and forth...while that is s occuring snd I try to interact with screen, for example, switch antennas, the screen might lock up, if it locks up the waterfall still displays correctly. If I change the current state (whether iff ir on) of Dxcluster...it stops....
  • ThisUserDoesNotExist
    edited December 2019
    Timothy, thanks, I am now able to reproduce this and I am already working on a bugfix.

Thanks and sorry for this issue.

Marcus, DL8MRE

UPDATE:

Just found the bug. A little bit more testing and the update will be available.
  • WA5YOM
    WA5YOM Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Thanks Marcus.....

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.