Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

WSJT10 and Flex 6700 Setup and Operating

John-K3MA
John-K3MA Member
edited February 2019 in Third-Party Software
Note this is for WSJT10 for use on 2M EME not WSJT-X.

Thanks to the help of a few on the community (JD Dupuy and Simon Lewis) I have the Flex 6700 working with WSJT and have successfully decoded several EME signals over a couple of days.  There is plenty of videos and written help on the proper setup and operation of the WSJT-X with the Flex 6XXX series but I could not find much on using WSJT10.  I have read the user manual and the few post on the internet.

I would be interested in knowing how to correctly interface WSJT10 with the Flex 6700 and inter-operation of the two.  Unresolved question I have are:

1) When a station is spotted with a Frequency how does this translate to the Freq on the Flex and the setting in WSJT10?
2) Is CAT control necessary and if so what is the best configuration?
3) What are the best WSJT10 operating setting when listening around for signals and when trying to make a QSO to a specific station?
4)What are the best setting on the Flex 6700 to allow the best decoding on WSJT10?

Knowing these answer would give me more confidence that I can successfully complete a EME QSO correctly once I have the TX amplifier hooked up and correctly sequenced.

Other suggestion outside of my specific questions are also welcome.

John K3MA

Answers

• Wolf
    Wolf Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Hi John,
    I'm facing similar questions. My setup is Flex6500 + 2m Transverter + + +.
    Did you receive any answer / solution  meanwhile ?
    vy73, Wolf

• John - K3MA
    John - K3MA Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Wolf, I did not get an answer on the forum.  However, I did get some help and I have the station working on EME for several months.  I could certainly lend you a hand if you wish to contact me via email.  QRZ email is fine.

John K3MA

• Marc Lalonde
    Marc Lalonde Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    any particular reason to use WSJT10  instead of  WSJT-X for EME ?

seem that now the 2 program decode down to the noise the same signal 

the test .wav file was good for test / play whit setting 
    also the grave Radar  in France 143.050 mhz  was also a excellent beacon for test live signal

on my side still try to find a LNA that work whit 6700  ,test several but all got some kind of issue
    and seem to really need LNA for a 6700 ....   

• George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Have made a couple of EME contacts with my 6500, transverter, and WSJTX. Seems very effective. Doppler control using CAT would seem pretty essential. Flex settings for JT65 on other bands also seem good.
  • Ross Biggar
    Ross Biggar Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Your comments about WSJT10 have inspired me to try it as well. $-5 years ago I did a lot of EME on 144 and 1296, using WSJT, and it works well.
    So I have just loaded WSJT10 onto my 6700, the program has identified that it is a Flexradio and has brought up the list of audio channels, in my case using Dax 4  it is line 4 for the program and tx is on 19.
    However I can receive perfectly, but so far it doesn't want to transmit, DAX tx streams but it is not bringing in the 6700 on transmit.  But I have only been playing for 20minutes or so and it should be possible to make the tx operate.
    EME is interesting.

Let me know how you get on.
    Regards
    Ross
    ZL1WN
  • Ross Biggar
    Ross Biggar Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Answering some of your queries, 10 like the earlier versions does not bring up any CAT details, it needs PTT and RTS or DTR.  Re listening and decoding, you will see that you can set the decoding to (from memory as I dont have the screen in front of me) 3 levels, I always used to use deep search, but this may very occasionally bring up false positives.
    WSJT does not need a setting it does it all itself, set tx even or leave it ( even means start on even minutes) and auto on, if you watch you will see that the program spends about 50 seconds receiving, then decoding then at 00 seconds the tx will start transmitting.
    I dont think you need  any setup in the Flex. In fact I was using a Flexradio 1000.
    I hope this helps
    Ross
    ZL1WN

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.