Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex-3000 PTT in invokes transmit but no RF output

Hi
Ive owned my Flex 3000 since 2012.
Ive always used the gui to switch to transmit by clicking MOX.

I recently acquired a footswitch but seem to have a problem
I connect the footswitch to the PTT in on the back panel of the Flex.
I depress the switch and all looks well, MOX illuminates on the GUI and I appear to get the typical TX display.
However there is no output when speaking into the microphone its almost as though the mic is muted. There is no RF output.
If I click MOX on the GUI with the mouse everything works as it should.
Please help

Stuart Binns M0STF

Comments

• John
    John Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Put a multi meter set to ohms across the foot switch cable and see if you get continuity when you press the footswitch, if not then open the footswitch and change the connection to normally open ...ie contacts will close when foot switch is pressed. You could also have a falty cable or a bad connection. Also make sure that you are using the correct plug contacts
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    He said the foot switch is keying the radio John. So in light of that I am also wondering what is going on.
  • Stuart Binns
    Stuart Binns Member
    edited June 2019
    The footswitch is wired correctly and does switch the flex into transmit.
    I also tried shorting the PTT in phono contacts with a piece of wire but the rig still does the same.
    It looks as though it has gone into transmit but there is no output and the tx monitor display does not move with voice. Its just as if the mic is being muted.
    If I click MOX on the GUI the rig transmits normally
    Stu
  • John
    John Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Oooops, Well the drive level may be turned right down for starters. You can try a reset and see if that clears it. What software version are you using ? If you are using the latest KE9NS software, I found that if on the mode panel I have digi selected, there will be no output. This can happen by accident that the mode changes and you think you are on usb or lsb.
  • John
    John Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Are you running barefoot or into an amp ?

• HCampbell  WB4IVF
    HCampbell WB4IVF Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Is PTT enabled in Setup?
  • John
    John Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    make sure the tx disable is not disabled. I dont know if this works on a footswitch attached but it does on the mic ptt....This is used to prevent unwanted hands from tx'ing.
    Its in the general/options menu
  • Stuart Binns
    Stuart Binns Member
    edited September 2017
    Hi All
    THIS IS NOW RESOLVED.
    Thanks for your help.
    In Setup - Audio - VAC - Allow PTT to override VAC for phone needed to be unchecked as I am using VAC ie pc mic and headphones.
    Thanks again
    Stu

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    so it transmits ok when pressing the MOX
    but not the foot switch

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.