Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Will writelog work as contest logger for SO2R and Flex

Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP
Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP Member ✭✭
edited January 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
N1MM works well with Flex and in SO2R we know. However, it is lacking SO2R with Morserunner simulation. Dx Log has it but advanced SO2R has some bugs. I know a new release soon will adress this. I just saw that Writelog has implemented a new Morserunner with SO2R capabilities. But has anyone out there got Writelog to work satisfactory with Flexradio? And in SO2R mode?

Answers

• Duane_AC5AA
    Duane_AC5AA Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I can't answer your specific question, but Wayne, the author of Writelog has written specific additions for the Flex, so I wouldn't be surprised if he is working on this if it's not already done.
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Yes it will, In fact WL has native flex integration. I am not a big WL fan, but I know others that are using it regularly.
  • Brian VK3MI
    Brian VK3MI Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    I'm running WriteLog successfully with SDR-Bridge and Smart-SDR. However, I only have a Flex-6300 so cannot run SO2R.

• Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP
    edited January 2019
    Thanks for input. But judging some recent posts here it seems that SO2R is not fully tested after all or  only SO1V?  
    See https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/writelog-for-rtty-contesting
  • Rich - N5ZC
    Rich - N5ZC Member ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Kari,

I don't have the specific information because it's been a while since I've tried the Flex 6700/Writelog/SO2R combo.

Last contest season I switched to N1MM as it handles the Flex and SO2R very well.

Writelog had issues (this is from what I recall) with not un-muting a slice when going back to that slice.  I had to use my mouse to un-mute the slice.

I discussed this with Wayne, he was aware of the issue, however, he wasn't sure when he would get it resolved.

I prefer Writelog because I've used it for several years and I understand how it works.

N1MM is a very good program but it's been a new learning curve due to all of the cool features.

Rich - N5ZC
  • Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP
    edited January 2019
    Ok thanks for the input. Well I am really looking for a solution that both works in "simulation" mode as real life. Pitty N1MM does not support dual SO2R with Morserunner. I tried downloading the Writelog demo with the contest simulator but the learning curve might be too steep
  • Wayne, W5XD
    Wayne, W5XD Member
    edited January 2019
    There is a recently updated WriteLog rig driver for the Flex-6000 series. Prior versions of WriteLog's driver do not work well with SmartSDR 2. http://writelog.com/category/flexradio-rig-driver

• Wayne, W5XD
    Wayne, W5XD Member
    edited August 2017
    regarding issues with the WriteLog demo (which fully supports the Flex, by the way) and the contest super simulator, try either an email to support@writelog.com or read or post to the WriteLog email reflector, which you can browse at http://lists.contesting.com/archives//html/WriteLog/

• Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP
    edited August 2017
    Hi Wayne, 
    I have just tested it but cannot get any CW sidetone generated from it. I am experimenting with the Contest Simulator but I am "stuck" with no CW being generated. Pitty it seems to be a nice logger with simulator. 73 Kari SM0HRP
  • Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP
    edited September 2017
    OK now things works very well. Thanks for great support.
  • N2TTA
    N2TTA Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Does the writelog support two keyboards
  • Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP
    edited January 2019
    I doubt it does. I have not seen it been mentioned when working with SO2R. I found this answer from Wayne at Writelog to same question in 2016 “It has come to my attention that N1MM logger now has a beta supporting input from two separate keyboards and I have been asked whether WriteLog will support that, too. My answer is: I'll consider it when someone uses that feature to even approach W2SC's results.”
  • Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP
    edited July 2018
    See comment below.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.