Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Don't see RF Power / SWR levels in SDR when transmitting phone

K1TZT
K1TZT Member
I'm using the Flexradio 6300 for phone operation for the first time .. I had previously used it just for digital modes and is working fine.   I have a USB headset for phone on my PC with SDR.  The issue I see is when I press "MOX" I don't see any RF Power level or SWR level outputs.  I do see my carrier signal in the signal display graph and the TX ready goes RED.   The  RF Power / SWR does show levels though when I press "TUNE"  Is it normal not to see any levels when TXing with MOX?  

Answers

• Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    If you don't turn dax off it will not pass microphone audio when using mox to key the radio.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Select Pc in the input drop down  just above Proc button
  • K1TZT
    K1TZT Member
    edited September 2017
    Thanks for the quick replies..  I made sure I have both dax off and PC selected..  however I still don't see RF Power SWR level when pressing MOX only TUNE.   I attached screen "MOX" and "TUNE" in case you see something else I'm missing.  John K1TZTimageimage
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    In your computer, make sure default recording device is selected,,in audio devices and is showing response to you voice.
  • Tom    N5MOA
    Tom N5MOA Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    I don't generally press the MOX button, but my 6500 does the same thing..............until I speak into the mic.

If you're speaking after pressing MOX and not showing any power out, I don't know what is going on.

Tom N5MOA
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    If can't get audio from your computer,,do you have a mic to plug into the Flex?
  • W7NGA
    W7NGA Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    On SSB modes there is no output if audio is not present.
  • K1TZT
    K1TZT Member
    edited September 2017
    Thanks for the replies..  I checked the USB Mic more based on your feedback..   I found the gain wasn't high enough.  Once I increased I now see RF power level / SWR when speaking..  I was expecting the RF power level meter = to the RF power level  setting (100 Watts in this case) when keying the mic.. but it bounces a lot based on Mic level which looks expected then..   Thx  
    John K1TZT
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Ok glad it works, set the gain in the computer fairly high, then adjust the mic gain in SSDR were it should be.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.