Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

UK Delivery 6400 ?

Mark Chamberlain
Mark Chamberlain Member ✭✭
Hi All Is there an anticipated delivery date for UK sales. I have a 6400 on order from Martin Lynch with an original delivery date of September. I assume this is going to be late October ? Rearly looking forward to owning a flex again I had a 3000 a couple of years ago and it is still my favourite radio even though I now use an Icom 7300. 73's Mark M0ZSS

Answers

• John G3WGV
    John G3WGV Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Lynchie might be able to tell you (or at least guess at a plausible sounding date :-). I suppose there will be CE approvals and all that nonsense to negotiate before we get 'em over here. I rather doubt we'll see them at the RSGB Convention in October, which will annoy Martin!

• Steve Gw0gei
    Steve Gw0gei Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    I hope we will see the pre production models and the 4o3a amplifier pre production model at the rsgb hf convention - at least then we can get hands on with the new models. Can FRS confirm this will be the case Tim ? Most of the uk top dxers and contesters will be there and it would be a shame to miss the opportunity to show what so2r from one radio and one amp can do? On second thoughts please don't show my competition and let them all buy the 7610
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited August 2017
    FlexRadio will not be in attendance at RSGB.  We will be represented by our distributor network.  At this time I do not expect production versions of the PowerGenius XL or the new FLEX-6400/6600 radios at the show due to logistics and needed certifications to import those products to the UK.
  • Stu McLoughlin
    Stu McLoughlin Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Tim: having emailed Flex directly and being told to contact ML&S about a UK release date I was told by ML&S that they haven't had "any kind of update from Flex about the estimated UK delivery/release date of 6400/6400m".  I was in the ML&S showroom on Friday 29th December 2017.

Please bear in mind that quite a few people have deposits placed on the 6400/6400M back in August 17. (including me!)

It is quite infuriating that Flex customer services only answer emails to say to 'contact your distributor in the UK' ...... at which point it becomes even more frustrating, as ML&S don't have any kind of information. Not very good customer service - but certainly not ML&S fault - especially for customers that have been Flex users for many years. 

As per the original information provided to ML&S and taken in good faith, people were led to believe that both versions of the radio would be available from end of September, thus the reason that a lot of people placed deposits in August. We're now into January 2018 (albeit the first day! :-) ) so thought it would be good if Flex themselves could give an update to customers that have taken a risk by already putting significant money and patience waiting for a radio that was originally due in September 17.  
  • Stu McLoughlin
    Stu McLoughlin Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Nope - was in there on Friday 29th Dec 17 - no dates yet.
  • Mark Chamberlain
    Mark Chamberlain Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    I am one of the UK hams awaiting delivery, I have a 6400 on order from Martin Lynch. Moving the question forward what is the expected timescale for UK deliveries after the 1st US production units are shipped ? 1 week, 2 weeks ? And has European certification CE compliance been completed ? I remember reading that US FCC (if I recall correctley) certification has been achieved. Regards Mark M0ZSS
  • HCampbell  WB4IVF
    HCampbell WB4IVF Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    From Gerald's 21 Nov. update:

“We expect to begin CE testing during the first or second week of December. Shipments to the EU will begin as soon that testing is successfully completed.”

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.