Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartLink (SmartSDR 2.0) Picture Thread

Options
EA4GLI
EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
edited August 2017 in SmartSDR for Windows
After seeing the pics from the SmartSDR 2.0 Success email ....

I thought that it would be fun to have a thread with all the different pictures where we are using our Flex radios remotely.

I will start with my own.

Don't mind the Icom Sunscreen.... I just don´t have a Flex one.... ;)

And here on my bike :)

In my 7 inch windows 8 tablet.

Comments

• Rick - W5FCX
    Rick - W5FCX Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    That's awesome.  Curious what kind of network connection you're using from the car/bike back to the Flexradio server.
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    A Huawei MiFi device. Bought it for $20 and use it with 4G in Spain. I guess they don't block UDP on 4G yet. I don't have unlimited internet, I get 32 GB a month to share among the whole family, so I am keeping an eye on usage. The MiFi allows me to throttle down the speed and even stop it completely if I go beyond a set amount of data, to avoid issues. I leave the MiFi in the car, in the glove box so the kids can use their tablets.
  • Rick - W5FCX
    Rick - W5FCX Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Cool. Great to know it's working over a high latency (radio) link like the MiFi. I doubt it's using UDP and suspect it's dual TCP based rendezvous at the Flex cloud server. Big step forward, as Marstro was previously unusable over a remote VPN link with more than about 40 milliseconds latency. Thanks for sharing! Rick, W5FCX
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I checked on Amazon.com and the prices vary from 50 up to $150 for a 4G MiFi, I bought mine used on Craigslist and it works great.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.