Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Since downloading VER. 2.0.17 I get Error

Marv
Marv Member
Since downloading VER. 2.0.17, every time I bring up SmartSDR I get an error with SmartSDR CAT that says "RADIO NOT CONNECTED".  Has anyone else experienced this?  I have tried several times to run repair on the VSP file, and it fails every time.  This is with my Flex 6500.  As far as operation of the radio is concerned with this error it seems to be working normally.

Thanks Marv W0ZK 

Comments

• k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I recall seeing a similar error but do not recall how it was fixed. The CAT manual, paragraph 3.2:

If the FlexVSP driver is not loaded or has not fully started at the time the SmartSDR CAT user interface starts, an error message will be displayed. This condition in which the VSP driver has not fully started can exist on systems that utilize a solid state hard drive allowing Windows to run the Startup applications before the FlexVSP service has started. If this occurs, wait 15-30 seconds and then manually restart SmartSDR CAT.

may shed some light on the problem. 
    http://www.flexradio.com/downloads/smartsdr-cat-user-guide-pdf/

If CAT is working that a good sign (obviously).

GL / Tim = k3tim

• Marv
    Marv Member
    edited August 2017
    Thanks for the reply Tim.  Thanks KN4HH in another post I was able to resolve this problem.  I clicked on the "radio not Connected", closed SmartSDR CAT, and the restarted it and now says Radio Connected.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.