Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Opus streaming port

John G3WGV
John G3WGV Member ✭✭
edited November 2018 in SmartSDR API
The time has come for me to continue my quest to understand the Ethernet API by working on the Opus audio stream. First I need to get said stream.

When I sub audio_stream all I get something like
S4F4C7C66|opus_stream 0x4A000000 ip=192.168.0.5 port=4991 opus_rx_stream_stopped=0 rx_on=0 tx_on=0

The IP and port numbers are those of Smart SDR, which is running alongside my controller and is the GUI client. My controller sets client udpport 4995 before issuing the sub audio_stream all so I am perplexed that the Opus stream seems to be going to 4991.

Does Opus only stream to the GUI client's UDP port, regardless of client udpport? Is there a way to redirect it?

Answers

• Ed.G
    Ed.G FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Today, the radio can only support one Opus stream that is only sent to the GUI client.

The client udpport 4995 you issue only tells the radio that for UDP streams that are going to your client it should send them to port 4995. That does not affect the opus stream. 

• John G3WGV
    John G3WGV Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Thanks Ed, that confirms what I was thinking. I'm guessing the same applies to the pan adapter/waterfall streams? I'm not really planning on writing my own GUI so it looks like the quest for learning how to process those streams is over for now!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.