Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Enough Room - Big Display

Brent Parker
Brent Parker Member ✭✭
edited February 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows

Picked up a new Dell 43" monitor for my architectural office, but of course had to install SmardSDR on it. Resolution is 3840x2160 with a Nvidia GTX970 card. Remoted back to the house with V2.0 (the curved slope of the noise, is a Mag Loop).

I do believe I've finally got enough room!

Comments

• Cliff Batson  N4CCB
    edited August 2017
    Wow!  That's a beautiful sight... - Cliff
  • Michael Coslo
    Michael Coslo Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Isn't a big screen sweet? I'm on a 46 inch screen plus my 27 inch "other computer stuff" and will never go back to tiny screens. I'm spoiled rotten!
  • Brent Parker
    Brent Parker Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017

Yea, I'm on a 30" for the main at home, plus a "little" 24" off to the side and thought that was great. But this 43" with 8m pixels, and a 30" beside it raises the bar a bit!

• WK2Y
    WK2Y Member ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Sorry to tell you, but I'll bet that's only going to be room enough for now. ;-)  I have two 27 inch monitors and if I could figure out how to get a third to work with my desk and desktop, I would.  73, Bob WK2Y
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    3x 27". Not enough spaceimage
  • WK2Y
    WK2Y Member ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    LOL.  I feel your pain.  Are you running a dedicated video card?
  • W9TVX
    W9TVX Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    30" and a 27". Loving the new undocking in 2.0 image
  • Kevin
    Kevin Member
    edited July 2019
    27" x 34" x 27" 4K

I think I'd definitely prefer one big screen.

Speaking of mag loops, I purchased one from Wellbrook for receive-only. Haven't set it up yet but looking forward to giving it a try. 
  • Brent Parker
    Brent Parker Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017

The video card in the big 43" + 30" is a Nvidia gtx970. It power both displays fine. We run Revit and AutoCAD in our architectural practice, and that stuff needs the power. For SmartSDR, it's more than enough power.

• KB4AAA
    KB4AAA Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017

I just upgraded to (3) 24" Monitors and a nexus 7 (slide show QSL cards) I have a spot cleared out in the center for a 6600m ;)
  • Andy M5ZAP
    Andy M5ZAP Member
    edited February 2020
    image 3 x 27" curved Samsung monitors and still not enough usable pixels. Next upgrade is a 4K TV on wall behind. Any comments on size of tv you need to make it usable at 1:1 without scaling.
  • Kevin N9JKP
    Kevin N9JKP Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    I believe I read here that a 50" 4k would allow four 1024 windows without scaling.  I have two 27" 4K monitors and they are not enough.
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
  • Justin W4JTD
    Justin W4JTD Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018

I'm about to re-arrange the entire thing and build "up" instead of "over", but two 28" UHD displays.... and agreed would still like more room :-) I really like the multi-curved display setup that Andy has, looks sharp and would have great view-ability. 

I really need to re-arrange it, things have just been getting stacked for a while. Hopefully this weekend... 
  • Tom    N5MOA
    Tom N5MOA Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017

2x 27" via the computers built in card.

1x 24" and 1x15", each using a Diamond USB 2.0 DVI Adapter. Works well.

I think they also make a version for USB 3.0.

73, Tom
    N5MOA

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.