Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Using 2m on Flex 6700

Greg - KØGDI
Greg - KØGDI Member ✭✭
I am wanting to use 2m on my Flex 6700, I see that there is at least two options to take the 100mw and have some usable power.  I see the Kuhne Power Amplifier and the Down East Microwave Amplifier.  I have SmartSDR 2.0, so what would be the BEST and EASIEST power amplifier to get me on 2m?

Answers

• Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    DEMI LDPA works well and covers 144-148.
  • Greg - KØGDI
    Greg - KØGDI Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    I see the DEMI LDPA has USB, does that benefit in anyway with the Flex?
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Yes. The USB is designed to automatically control it. You can turn it off and on from within SmartSDR. 
  • John WA7UAR
    John WA7UAR Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    This is the thread I relied upon to eventually order my DEMI 2MLDPA and L432-28HP: https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/how-to-2m-and-70cm-demi-transverters-on-a-6700-questions
  • David Livingston
    David Livingston Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    I use the DEM for 2 meters.  Works fine with smartlink remote just fine.

• Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    I also use the DEMI LDPA which can then be used to excite my M2 2m-1K2 which I very rarely use.
  • Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    10mW Out - not 100mW

(+7dBm   -    +10dBm)

• Greg - KØGDI
    Greg - KØGDI Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    You know what I meant.  :)
  • Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Yes, and if you compare price (after technical values) for out of the EU customer the lower price (without VAT) is valid.

73 Chris
  • Burch - K4QXX
    Burch - K4QXX Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I also use the DEMI LDPA with the remote option.  Works very well and also has a built in sequencer. 
  • Rick W7YP
    Rick W7YP Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    I highly recommend the DEMI LDPA with USB connection to the 6700.  The LDPA isn't turned on unless you have a 2m panadapter in operation and can be totally controlled from within SSDR.  Love mine.
  • Justin W4JTD
    Justin W4JTD Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Add one more vote from me for the DEMI LDPA. Super easy to use and is basically transparent once you get it set up with USB. SSDR controls it automatically. Just takes a while to get one from DownEast, but worth the wait IMHO.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.