Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

USB ports will only see one device at a time. Both devices can be seen by themselves. How do I get

Hank Wolfla
Hank Wolfla Member
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Only one sub device seen

Comments

• Bob - W7KWS -
    Bob - W7KWS - Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Hank, What devices are you plugging in?
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    If you're talking about SmartCAT seeing multiple apps or virtual devices, create a unique port for each one (example - Fldigi COM5, Logger COM6, WSJT-X COM7, etc.

SmartCAT will take it from there.
  • Mike va3mw
    Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Hank

We need some more details.  Do both of them work, but not at the same time?  Or, does only 1 work all the time?

Are they both Prolific devices?  If they aren't they need to be.

Mike

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Flex recommends FTDI USB devices, I don't think Prolific will work at least none of the ones I have tried have been recognized by my FLEX radio.

Bret
    WX7Y

• Mike va3mw
    Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    my bad... i got it backwards .  thanks for correcting me . 
  • Hank Wolfla
    Hank Wolfla Member
    edited August 2017
    When I plug in the serial device it works great, then remove the serial and put in the parallel device and it works fine.  If I plug in both devices, the radio only sees one device that I can set up.  Going to use the parallel port for band data to run my antenna switch and 1kfa.  Also have a band master that I can use with serial data for the bcd data.  Thanks for the input everyone.  73,  Hank
  • Hank Wolfla
    Hank Wolfla Member
    edited August 2017
    Hi Bob.  See my review that I just posted.  The radio will only see the serial or the parallel port, but not both at the same time.  Hope this finds you well.  Have moved, and trying to find some time for ham radio.  I will be spending more time at the barn, since I have extremely limited space at our new condo.  Moving all my tools and collection to the barn.
    73,  Hank

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.