Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Mobile usage of SmartLink

DH1RK
DH1RK Member ✭✭
edited August 2017 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Hello,
I want to praise the new SmartLink feature for my remote station driven mobile on the way to the work an back (120km driving distance) ...
The total data transfer could be reduced to below 100MB/h and having the frequency, control and audio information in one stream! That´s good news for me to handle a monthly data limit and enjoying the radio operation.
Yes, we need a new mindset for the remote operation! But the technical hurdles and communication is from interest for me.
Find already some points for improvement with this kind of operation and will raise in the future some ideas (e.g. panafall on/off switch, network reconnect to mention something yet)...
All in all, I´m happy with this new feature...
Attached an picture of installation....

73 and enjoy the hobby!

Comments

• k0eoo
    k0eoo Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Thanks for the post regarding mobile operation.  I think you can eliminate the panafall data transfer, in the DISPLAY tab shut off AUTO and slide BLACK to "0", at least that works on the PC....

Dennis, k0eoo
  • WB0O
    WB0O Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Ruediger,  Nice setup!   I am curious what applications are you using on your tablet in your mobile setup?
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    I'd love to see mirroring the iPhone, iPad, to the GPS console with touch control Blue tooth audio, using Verizon LTE or similar would be the ultimate mobile. Nice job on the mobile Mr. DH1RK!
  • WB0O
    WB0O Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Dennis, 
    Your Flex looks awfully nice next to the KW1!  :)
  • k0eoo
    k0eoo Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    thanks, they're both fun use...  Your A line setup is no slouch, very nice.
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Its gonna be weird going to hamfests and not seeing all the antennas on the cars... ;-)
  • DH1RK
    DH1RK Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Hi, using the tablet for supervision and additional controls. It's just remote desktop with VNC Viewer. On the control PC is DDUtil, microham StationController App, Expert PA App, LP100 watt meter App, Bandmaster and PstRotator active. From time to time I do additional action there... 73, Rudy
  • W9OY
    W9OY Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    The future is now!  Amazing setup.

73  W9OY
  • Tom    N5MOA
    Tom N5MOA Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    If you are operating remote from your car, yeah, no antenna needed.

Those of us who like to operate /mobile will still need antennas on our vehicles. :-)

To the op, nice remote setup, but a bit more than I would like to keep track of while driving.

73, Tom

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.