Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Smartlink PTT

John VK3XM
John VK3XM Member ✭✭
I am looking for advice on how to use PTT on my Win10 laptop using Smartlink.
Smartlink seem to be working fine but I can't seem to find how to PTT the laptop mic.  I know the mic is working because it works with vox,  but I want PTT.
I have studied the user doc but can't find how to key the PC mic.
If I run the mouse over the TX sign on the bottom R/H of the screen a small PTT window opens but nothing happens if I click the mouse button.
Would someone please point me in the right direction.

Thanks for any advice

Answers

• MarkN7MHB
    MarkN7MHB Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    its the MOX button.
  • John VK3XM
    John VK3XM Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Thanks Mark.  Working OK now.  It's easy when you know how.
  • Andy M5ZAP
    Andy M5ZAP Member
    edited February 2020

Is it just me or does anybody else not get on using VOX or clicking the MOX button when operating remote. I have tried putting the MOX onto the flex control but the latency is too great.

Spacebar will repeat the last button press but the last button is not always MOX. I like press for PTT and normally using a footswitch and headset free up my hands for other tasks like logging or picking me nose.

The delayed response of the power meter and VOX operation messes with my brain and makes my voice hesitate / stutter.

• KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    SSDR for iOS has a PTT Button
  • Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Frstack explains how to create a foot or hand switch to use with a feature in the app , i use it when i remote with my notebook.
  • Andy M5ZAP
    Andy M5ZAP Member
    edited April 2018

Hi Larry

Yes looked into that but need a USB to serial converter, run FR stack etc. I will get around to it.

What is the latency like and is it reliable?

• Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    I find the latency to be acceptable, it works very well for me. This has been very reliable, i use frstack for many of its features so for me this is also my ptt solution.
  • WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    once you select the MOX button you can use the space bar as long as you have the MOX button selected. 
    73's
    Bret
    WX7Y

• Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    You may use the space bar on the PC key board to toggle the last SSDR button ( MOX) that was activated.

AL, K0VM

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.