Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro Diversity Volume

ka7gzr
ka7gzr Member ✭✭
edited March 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series

When I have my Maestro in DIV mode I cannot lower the volume to off. even with the AF to "0" the front speaker is at 1/4 volume. It is the right ear set with headphones on. I don't have slice B on at all.

Jim

ka7gzr

Answers

• Ray - K6LJ
    Ray - K6LJ Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Hi After loading the software this morning I noticed when going to DIV that the receiver slice that attached was H to DIV. When checking with FRS they said this was the way they were no doing the DIV mode because of some interaction with 3rd party apps. My radio is a 6700. Also some times when shutting the radio off while in the DIV mode then going back ON another slice will be created maybe off screen. If this is the case then you will hear that slice until you delete it or turn it's volume down to 0. Have a great day.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Jim - I cannot reproduce the behavior you described; I can lower the volume on each individual slice down to 0 and use the master gain to reduce the volume to off.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    Ray - I suspect that there is some slice persistence going on.  It would be helpful to know the frequency of the off-screen slice.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited July 2017
    Upon further review, it does look like there is an issue with the child slice volume. I have added this to our bug tracker for additional follow up and resolution. Thanks for the bug report.
  • Ray - K6LJ
    Ray - K6LJ Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Next time it occurs I will snap a pic and let you know.
  • ka7gzr
    ka7gzr Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Thanks Tim!
  • Stan VA7NF
    Stan VA7NF Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2017

1.8.4 and diversity on Maestro continues to have a problem; I verified that SSDR diversity works correctly.

Tim, your earlier note "I can lower the volume on each individual slice down to 0 and use the master gain to reduce the volume to off".  The A:AF knob only controls the "A" channel and there is no control for the "A DIV" channel, knob or menu.

• ka7gzr
    ka7gzr Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017

Tim,

Has there been any progress on this bug? With 2.0 I was hoping this was fixed.

Jim

• Tim - W4TME
    edited July 2017
    If it isn't in the changelog as an item address, then it was not included in the release. It is in our bug tracker but I have no updated status information.
  • ka7gzr
    ka7gzr Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017

This is biggest problem with my Maestro. I wish more people used Diversity and than this might get fixed.

Although I don't like the answer I appreciate the response, Maybe I will camp out in front of your Austin facility in protest. I'm sure the temperatures are very mild. :)

Jim

ka7gzr

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.