Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

License Version 2 not updating

AB9UU
AB9UU Member ✭✭
I have a 6500 and a 6300 the latter I use on vacation.  I upgraded the 6500 easily.  The 6300 upgraded but no matter how many times I refresh the license button or reboot everything,it keeps telling me I need to buy a license though I did.  I saw there were some PayPal issues (I used PayPal) but did not find the video referred to. Is it just PayPal is slow especially on Sunday? 

Comments

• Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    If it doesn't refresh tomorrow, I'd suggest opening a help desk ticket and having them look into it.

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited June 2020
    Double check your receipt for the 6300 upgrade and make sure the radio ID matches. Should be in a format like 02-02-0C-02-02-37 (six groups of two alphanumeric characters separated by dashes). You can see the radio ID from SmartSDR by hovering over the radio in the chooser screen. It will also show the license version. https://youtu.be/Umt3q0Uwk0Y Dave wo2x
  • Ken Hansen
    Ken Hansen Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    I never heard a confirmation when I suggested this previously, but depending on how PayPal payments were implemented it may require manual acceptance of payment to complete the transaction.
  • lyndy brannen
    lyndy brannen Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Also if you have two radios, you must buy two licenses.
  • AB9UU
    AB9UU Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Fixed.  I saw that someone else had a similar problem and was told to have both plugged into the router to solve the issue. That immediately fined it.  I was using my PC via a wireless connection but the radio directly to the computer.  When I changed this, bingo.  It validated instantaneously. 
  • AB9UU
    AB9UU Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Yes, it is a separate license $$$:-(
  • Mike va3mw
    Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Yep, that is the common failure solution.  For the Paypal issues, I don't think we actually did anything and they were just waiting for radio to call home.  Glad you got it figured out.
  • Michael Baker
    Michael Baker Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Well, that can't happen at my house. I don't have a cable between my desktop and the router because it is at the other end of the house. I must use WiFi or no go. So now what? All paid for just need to get the refresh button to work.
    Mike  K7DD
  • Ken Hansen
    Ken Hansen Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Internet connection share off your PC? There was a thread about this last week - it's called ICS, and it bridges your PC wifi to the Ethernet jack your flex is plugged into.
  • K1UO Larry
    K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
  • Mike va3mw
    Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Personally, I install those all the time for other people.  They should work just fine, but I should test it.  :)  I have a couple near my remote station and I don't think I can hear them as they do use HF as their carrier.
  • Mike va3mw
    Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Mike, 

This is the only way the radio will license itself and that is for it to have internet access to the router.  There is no other way.  

One customer ran a 100' lan cable from his router to the radio and plugged it in.  10 minutes later, he was done and he coiled up the cable.  Another customer just carried his radio and power supply over to his router, powered everything up  and then checked SSDR and he was licenses. 

Option 2 is to setup ICS (Internet connection sharing in windows).  Matt wrote it up on the community last week.  

For Win 10, these are the basic steps.  This is a one time thing and once completed you are good to go.  You don't have to turn it off if you don't want to, but you can.
    1. Press Windows key + X to open the Power User menu and select Network Connections.
    2. Right-click the network adapter with an Internet connection (Ethernet or wireless network adapter), then select Properties.
    3. Click Sharing.
    4. Put a check mark on Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s Internet connection.
    5. From the Home networking connection drop-down menu, select the Microsoft Hosted Virtual Adapter.
    6. Click OK to finish.
    I have no idea if this is hard or easy for your, but please consider it as 1 of 2 options.

I hope these help.

Mike va3mw

• Michael Baker
    Michael Baker Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Bit the bullet and ran a 50' cable thru the house, installed a switch at the shack end and plugged it into the router on the other. Done in under a minute. Returned the system to its previous set up and we are back to normal. 
    Thanks....

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.