Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR 2.0 OK but now...

2»

Comments

• Michael Starkey
    edited July 2017

Just like when on SSB or a mobile phone, its human for people to start shouting when they think the other party is not hearing them.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNPzgPhHeWQ

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited July 2017
    You're very welcome.  This is what makes it all worthwhile. :-D
  • Arnie
    Arnie Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    see....if you had SQUELCH feature, you could cut down on all that extraneous cacophony.
    73 de Arnie W8DU
  • Dave Dave
    Dave Dave Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Gerald I think said in a post he don't use squelch and I took what he said as there will be no squelch ..... I was told SSDR would be way above and beyond PSDR way before you had to pay, I saw another post said he was told the same thing.

• iz7auh
    iz7auh Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Possible in a minor release of 2.0 have some function on my list or no?
  • WA2SQQ
    WA2SQQ Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Frank, I work for a major consumer electronics company, as a Sr Engineer for products that receive frequent firmware updates. Many people see firmware as magic bullets that you can easily change any aspect of the way the device operates. These updates, however minor, require a total reevaluation of the product. These reevaluations are costly. Too often, one minor tweak results in another unforeseen problem. When updates are made, you choose your battles very carefully, usually by considering the ROI (Return On Investment). Engineering man hours are not cheap, so  you choose enhancements that will give you the biggest return. In my case, suggestions for updates are seldom considered when it's only coming from one customer (unless they discovered a bug). You look at the global feedback and use that as a possible starting point. FRS likely has many things in the oven, though they may not all be what we each want. I'm enjoying 2.0 and not worrying about what's next right now.
  • iz7auh
    iz7auh Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Thanks for your answer, but I think having the features that Icom's homes have given to their utilities for decades should have already been implemented by FRS I do not understand why this has not yet been done, a very useful DVK I do not think is the ' The world's only radiosmator that feels the need! It would be great to make a flying connection in rtty without having to turn on the PC
  • Dieter
    Dieter Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    just buy Icom 73, Dieter
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited July 2017
    We will not commit to anything unless it has been previously announced by management or until the feature is in an alpha release and has been tested.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.