Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

V2 6500 Fan Always Running

Since the V2 upgrade the fan on my 6500 is always running (even if the radio is on with no client attached).  Has something changed?

Thanks, Ron
K2RAS

Comments

• W3EX -- Tom
    W3EX -- Tom Member
    edited July 2017

I am experiencing the same.

• Gene - K3GC
    Gene - K3GC Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    It would depend on how you define running. There are four fans in the 6500 which always run.  I did notice during the V2 install that they revved up really high for a moment and then dropped back down to norman.  Other than that they run in the background.
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    the fan rev during upgrade is normal behavior with certain aspects of firmware update and is covered in the manual.  
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    the fans always run.. are they just running louder or higher RPM than before the update?
  • Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Mine did the same thing until the final radio restart after update.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited July 2017
    If they are running at high speed, cold boot the radio.  Power down, remove the DC power for a minute, reconnect DC power and reboot the radio.

The fans run all the time at low speed.
  • Ron Schwartz
    Ron Schwartz Member
    edited July 2017
    I cold-booted the radio.  Ok, my mistake something had dropped near the fans and was making noise.  At least I will admit my error...

Ron
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    thats actually good news.. problem solved.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.