Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR 2.0 OK but now...

iz7auh
iz7auh Member ✭✭
edited March 2019 in New Ideas
It's all right, we are finally at version 2.0 after an exhausting wait, I'm a user from version 1.0 but now i expect you to be serious and give us all the following:
  • Voice Keyer directly from SmartSDR / Maestro
  • An internal engine for basic digital (psk31-63 - rtty - cw)
  • Cluster connection with call sign spot on waterfall
  • Multiple instances to have both active on pc and Maestro smartSDR
  • Ability to record and export to mp3 file cloud
I believe we are so cheerful, we deserve it, we continue to give you confidence and it is right for you FRS to understand our needs! I expect your answer

Comments

• Arnie
    Arnie Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Right. And don't forget SQUELCH, which was in the early and later versions of PSDR, but not in SSDR. Why?
  • Jeff
    Jeff Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    What do you think this is, the KE9NS version of Power SDR???  You'll need to stick with your Flex-5000 to get all those features in one program.  <grin>

• IW7DMH, Enzo
    IW7DMH, Enzo Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    I would add dxcluster spots on panadapter and additional sub RX in the slice passaband filter limits.
    These could be the only reasons to still keeping my 6300, the fastest outdated rig in the whole ham history (please keep my words like a funny English humor)
    Still evaluating to upgrade to v2.0 or waiting until 6400/M will be released.

Regards
    Enzo

Edit: I am wondering if I can use the 6300's internal tuner in the 6400 or if I have to buy that 6400 dedicated one.
  • Arnie
    Arnie Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Jeff:
    Yes...interesting how one guy (KE9NS) can code all these features and more yet the whole team at FRS can't seem to get something as rudimentary as SQUELCH implemented on their "flagship" radio software.
  • WA2SQQ
    WA2SQQ Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Let's allow the FRS team to relax and have a cold one!
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited July 2017
    The ATUs are not compatible.
  • IW7DMH, Enzo
    IW7DMH, Enzo Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Thank you very much
    73'
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited July 2017
    THANK YOU!  Give us a chance to catch our collective breath for a moment.
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    I can see how in Italian "I look forward to your answer" could be wrongly translated as "I expect your answer" Maybe before forum shaming someone's approach in here we could ascertain their post intentions. If indeed Frank meant to be "demanding" then the reprimand would be OK but not before. Just my opinion.
  • Bob K8RC
    Bob K8RC Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Tim-

I continue to marvel at your gentile responses to aggression.

Nice job.

Bob.
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Not sure what being or not Jewish had to do with this post. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/gentile
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited July 2017
    I believe this was an auto correct spelling issue.
  • Bob K8RC
    Bob K8RC Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    So I  can't spell.

The word I was after was GENTEEL, which I am not so....

KMA
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited July 2017
    You know, the software team met and we decided that we are going to just push the squelch feature back one additional week every time you mention it.  You're back 2 weeks in just this thread!  ;)  We hear you loud and clear.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited July 2017
    :-)
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited July 2017
    By my calculation, along with Dave Dave's input, this feature will be included in SmartSDR v66.7.4  :-D
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    I totally agree... Therefore my point about Frank.
    Check this out.

You can easily see how the sentence could be constructed wrongly if you try to go from Italian to English.

I see this happen often when going back and forth between languages.

I am sure Bob meant "gentle" as I am sure Frank meant to be more polite. I was making a point. I could have been offended about Bob's mixing of religion in a post or I could see that it was a spelling mistake. image
  • Pat N6PAT
    Pat N6PAT Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    I think this user group could use a little squelch to block out all the static
  • iz7auh
    iz7auh Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Mine did not want to be rude, it is not in my character to be, it is just a way to emphasize my bold I am enthusiastic and express the desire of so many to have something more than other brands, Tim does not misunderstand my thoughts, Do I understand your set of things well, but do not I just hold my observations? Or can I wait to wait for 3.0 4.0 to have what radio from the noni highs have been doing since 2005? From being realistic, you are doing a good job but give us a toy that makes us enjoy 100% good work and good relax
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Lol Eric.... You know what? I think there is a bit of underlying truth to your joking remark. :)
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited July 2017
    Thank you for clarifying your post.  73 
  • Mike va3mw
    Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Now, that is seriously funny!
  • Scott N8UMW
    Scott N8UMW Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    I'm still trying to find the Ted Nugent hunting skins that were promised in version 2.
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    You didn't get yours yet?
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited July 2017
    WANGO TANGO!  I hope you don't get Cat Scratch Fever!
  • Michael Coslo
    Michael Coslo Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    And when you use the word "we" don't include me, because I already have excellent software produced by others that I use now.  Duplication of effort is a waste of time AFIAC, and there are some pretty big shoes to fill.

There are things that I would like, and none of those are on that list. I'd like them, but I surely won't demand them. 

• WA2SQQ
    WA2SQQ Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Thanks to WO2X I'm back up, fully reconfigured, running 2.0. Stable would be an understatement. It just seems that no matter how hard FRS tries, there will always be some squeaky gears in the mechanism. Maybe these people can do better? To Tim and the team, Thank You!
  • G8ZPX
    G8ZPX Member
    edited July 2017
    Sorry Eric, I cant hear you. I have 4 slices RXs going in the shack right now, 1 on CW, 1 on FM and 2 on HF SSB, I can't hear a bloody thing, even my brain signals are harder to copy.
  • Giulio
    Giulio Member
    edited July 2017
    Speechless

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.